Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Barge on Whitney

Posted By: theduke

Fishing Barge on Whitney - 02/25/16 09:28 PM

Is there anything else besides Juniper Cove?
Posted By: CustomCedarKayak

Re: Fishing Barge on Whitney - 02/26/16 04:12 AM

Lakeside Village Marina used to have a fishing barge. Not sure if it's still open to the public as it's been years since I've fished it.
Posted By: marschall

Re: Fishing Barge on Whitney - 02/26/16 10:34 AM

No that is it. The owner of High View Marina on Bardwell bought the slips and is moving them to High View. Juniper Cove used to be OK , but now is barley keeping the doors open. Plans on shutting it down and building a restaurant out of it. As long as the owner of Juniper Cove keeps his I am the King attitude and runs off all the fishermen it will only go down hill from here.
Posted By: Waco Kid

Re: Fishing Barge on Whitney - 02/26/16 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: marschall
No that is it. The owner of High View Marina on Bardwell bought the slips and is moving them to High View. Juniper Cove used to be OK , but now is barley keeping the doors open. Plans on shutting it down and building a restaurant out of it. As long as the owner of Juniper Cove keeps his I am the King attitude and runs off all the fishermen it will only go down hill from here.
The same thing happened at airport park on Waco. Back in the 80s it was a good indoor barge. Then a restaurant but you could still fish on the outside. Then no fishing at all (except slip renters). Don't know what it is now.
Posted By: marschall

Re: Fishing Barge on Whitney - 02/26/16 12:40 PM

$10.00 just to get into the marina, $6.00 to fish , and the ship store is never open , and does not even sell minnows. Only open on the weekend. $10.00 to use the ramp. And in the owners own words- If you don't like it get the hell out !
Posted By: theduke

Re: Fishing Barge on Whitney - 02/26/16 03:39 PM

dang I hate to hear this, i know there is one in lakeside village but not sure if it's open either. I guess the "KID" better get me on some fish on the 6th!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum