Texas Fishing Forum

Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders

Posted By: Crappieshooter

Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 02/24/16 06:14 PM

When long line trolling out of the front of the boat with the rods out to the side of the boat, how do you keep your rods from pulling to the side out of the Bee Ready holders? They work fine for spider rigging, but trying to use them for long lining out of the front of the boat, I have had some issues with keeping the rods straight in the holders. Any ideas or modifications would be appreciated.
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 02/24/16 07:39 PM

Wes and I had the same issue when we tried to pull crankbaits, so here is what we did:

I ended up buying a 10' piece of pvc just a little bigger than my rod handles...think it was probably 2", but you can measure to make sure. I cut them into about 8" long pieces, and then zip-tied those to the top of each individual rod holder...and has worked great wink
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 02/24/16 08:09 PM

Pictures please Brian?! cool

Thanks!

Re: Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 02/24/16 09:08 PM

Yes, pics. would be appreciated.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 02/24/16 09:16 PM

Originally Posted By: TexExp

Pictures please Brian?! cool

Thanks!

+1
Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Re: Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 02/24/16 11:49 PM

I'll have to get them all set back up. When I am not trolling cranks, I take the PVC off. I'll see if I can't put one back together for a photo wink

Re: Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 02/28/16 01:48 AM

That would be great. Thanks.
Posted By: Jon

Re: Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 02/28/16 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Jerky
I'll have to get them all set back up. When I am not trolling cranks, I take the PVC off. I'll see if I can't put one back together for a photo wink

Or maybe just a simple crayon sketch would get the idea across for now?
I'm having a little trouble understanding how the PVC works, but i bet a simple sketch would help us.

Re: Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 03/06/16 04:23 AM

Any more ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Slow trolling with Bee Ready holders - 03/06/16 12:54 PM

Install your rod holders at the back of the boat, facing the rear, so the rods point directly back.
This is a 2 man operation with them set up like this or you need to have a trolling motor that has a remote control.

Not that I have done this in person, but have watched a lot of videos where they have them set up like this.
I plan to put bases for my BeeReady rod holders in the back also, just in case I get that wild hair thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum