Texas Fishing Forum

CAT Results Lavon

Posted By: Ken Gaby

CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 01:49 AM

Another tough tourney in the books. Fish were not cooperating today or yesterday or Thur. I'm still scratching my head on this one. Some days it just ain't meant to be. I'll be getting a couple gallons of some cheap perfume to pour on my boat to get the skunk smell off I hope.

There were 12 teams DIV I and 18 teams DIV II. Good turnout considering the wind and fishing conditions. Only 4 teams of the 30 managed 7 fish. Fish were caught from 14 to 28 FOW. Some on timber, the dam rip rap, marinas, tire break water, and brush piles. No pattern at all as these fish seemed to be in transition with the warm days and warming water temps. We found water from 52.4 to 60 degrees.
Here's the results:

DIV II
Clay Gann/Todd Froebe 8.56 BF 1.76
Max Dukes 4.18
Stuart Angelle 2.61
Robert and Cody Russell 1.70
Jimmy Leonard 1.60

DIV I
Mackey White/Keith Moore 9.02 BF 2.10
Paul O'Bier/George Nelon 7.14
Chris Waters/Larry Middleton 5.59
Tommy Ezell/Richard James 5.00
Lane Palmer/Cody Standerfer 4.34

DIV II Winners

Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 01:59 AM

Kongrats to all who fished today's tourney an big ups to the winners!!! WTG fellas thumb thumb
Posted By: crapicat

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 02:15 AM

Congratulations, folks...tough days happen...A bad day fishing is better than a good day working...
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 03:17 AM

Laying on the couch watching TV and I think I'm still bouncing up and down!! hammer

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
Congratulations, folks...tough days happen...A bad day fishing is better than a good day working...

You've never sunk a boat or ripped a motor off the back of a boat and had it flopping around on the back deck coming after you I take it!! roflmao

Heck we even stuck a Cajun about like Tommys 4-5' off the the water in cypress trees once! That actually was an easy fix. Looked a lot worse than it was. Boat was fine outside a cracked drivers console! I can think of a few days I woulda rather went to work!! scared
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 03:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Laying on the couch watching TV and I think I'm still bouncing up and down!! hammer

I was startled for a minute at the weigh in. I could have sworn there was an earth quake and the earth was shaking under my feet. I was so tired, it took me a second to realize what was going on. hmmm OMG
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 03:27 AM

I love that feeling.
Posted By: Jon

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 03:52 AM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing
I love that feeling.

My favorite part is the pounding and what it does to my back and a few other body parts.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 04:12 AM

Dang! Sounds like a tough day to say the least. Congrats to the winners! Tourney fishing is tough and you guys that caught 7 done good fish thumb
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 08:21 AM

thumb

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 11:40 AM

You've never sunk a boat or ripped a motor off the back of a boat and had it flopping around on the back deck coming after you I take it!! roflmao

Heck we even stuck a Cajun about like Tommys 4-5' off the the water in cypress trees once! That actually was an easy fix. Looked a lot worse than it was. Boat was fine outside a cracked drivers console! I can think of a few days I woulda rather went to work!! scared

Yessir, I have had THOSE kind of days...BUT I consider those HORRIBLE days NOT bad days....LOL

Anyone with significant time on the water has got some "stupid boat" stories or "stupid weather" or "what was I thinking" stories...and I got as many as anyone...SIGH One of these days I may even share the story of how I managed to sink a boat twice in one day, the same boat...NAH, too painful...Heavy Sigh

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 11:47 AM

Dang Ezell, looks like you had some tough competition...good job guys...
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 01:01 PM

Interesting!!!! Great to see Mackey and Keith pull it off!!!!!!

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 02:13 PM

Dang Ezell, looks like you had some tough competition...good job guys...

Well yeah. Damn good fishermen and woman in CAT.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 02:22 PM

Yessir, I have had THOSE kind of days...BUT I consider those HORRIBLE days NOT bad days....LOL

Anyone with significant time on the water has got some "stupid boat" stories or "stupid weather" or "what was I thinking" stories...and I got as many as anyone...SIGH One of these days I may even share the story of how I managed to sink a boat twice in one day, the same boat...NAH, too painful...Heavy Sigh

if youve never sunk a boat, you aint fishing hard enough or you very lucky!!!
Posted By: crope1

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 05:26 PM

glad everyone was able to weather the conditions,produce a catch and make it back to the ramp safely.
Posted By: cellis

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 07:11 PM

Congrats on the top 5 finishes. Nice work in tough times.

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 07:44 PM

Todd and Clay are running away with the points for division 2 anglers of the year. Impressive anglers!

I'd hate to know what they'd had pulled if lil man was there. hooked
Posted By: Resh

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 11:23 PM

Can you bank fish CAT tourneys? peep
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/21/16 11:48 PM

From the CAT Rules 2 (f). This rule applies to CAT qualifiers.

f. Teams members must fish from the same Boat
i. A Boat is any vessel propelled by a gasoline-powered motor.
Canoes, Kayaks, rubber rafts and float tubes are not
considered to be “Boats” for purposes of these rules

Rules are different for Crappie Fest. Fishing from the bank, kayaks, canoes, docks, float tubes and rubber rafts is allowed for Crappie Fest.
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/22/16 01:00 AM

Congrats to all..
Posted By: Resh

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/22/16 01:33 AM

Thanks Ken
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/22/16 12:57 PM

Kudos to all you guys that did well. David and I found them but couldn't get them in the boat (well...two fish). I agree that the conditions were as bad as I've ever fished in and all you guys that caught a bunch of fish, deserve every 'congrats' that you get. Going to my Dr today to see if I can get this old body back in shape for the next one.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/22/16 03:27 PM

I'm still recouping realmad

Moving about wasn't bad in my boat, just couldn't stay on top of the fish we found willing to bite bang

Congrats to the winners, major feat on days like those flehan
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/22/16 06:28 PM

Tough day indeed, congrats to the winners.

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/22/16 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
Todd and Clay are running away with the points for division 2 anglers of the year. Impressive anglers hooked

Your giving us too much credit!! There's plenty of time left in the year to fall flat on our face!! roflmao
Posted By: Crappie Hunter

Re: CAT Results Lavon - 02/25/16 04:05 AM

Me and my son finished 4th in DiV II. To say it was tough was an understatement. When I tried to get the pontoon back on the trailer rammed the trailer sideways and now have a new dent up front on one of the tubes. Have to get it out this weekend and see if the damage affects the performance to see if I need to repair it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum