Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texoma 2-13

Posted By: SanteeSlabr

Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/14/16 04:59 PM

Battled the wind in Big Mineral Creek yesterday. No luck with the fish but found the shad schooling at the entrances to Walnut and Brushy Creek in 20 over 25 foot. Water temp 48 on the main lake and saw as high as 53 in the creeks. Successful reports from other fishers were catfish only.
Posted By: Kahuna

Re: Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/14/16 05:07 PM

I think all thats left here is bait and catfish.

Re: Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/14/16 06:31 PM

Agree. I think the flooding from the Spring has really changed things for a while on many lakes.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/14/16 06:53 PM

Bet they are on main lake points and close to river and creek channels in 25-35 foot of water on brush piles suspended about 20-25 feet down. At least that is where I would look.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/14/16 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
Bet they are on main lake points and close to river and creek channels in 25-35 foot of water on brush piles suspended about 20-25 feet down. At least that is where I would look.

yep... thumb

Re: Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/14/16 11:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat1

I tried where Big Mineral enters the main lake. Probably not the ideal location with the boat traffic. No luck. I think I'm cursed.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/15/16 01:55 AM

Don't feel bad you can't find them in the winter on Texoma. From my experience, they stage in the marina's before going shallow. The slips are LOADED with fish in the winter. I think it's a safe place for them to hide from the Stripers in the deeper water. Also, traditionally Texoma spawns later than other North Texas lakes.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/15/16 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76
Don't feel bad you can't find them in the winter on Texoma. From my experience, they stage in the marina's before going shallow. The slips are LOADED with fish in the winter. I think it's a safe place for them to hide from the Stripers in the deeper water. Also, traditionally Texoma spawns later than other North Texas lakes.

I agree with Stucky. This is a tough lake to catch fish on the main lake this time of year and the marinas are LOADED this time of year. Usually by April you can find fish on the banks at Texoma.

Re: Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/15/16 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2

I agree with Stucky. This is a tough lake to catch fish on the main lake this time of year and the marinas are LOADED this time of year. Usually by April you can find fish on the banks at Texoma.

Thanks gentlemen for the tips. With the exception of LOP, I've had a humbling two years trying to catch Texas crappie.
Posted By: Mckinneycrappiecatcher

Re: Lake Texoma 2-13 - 02/15/16 04:05 AM

+1 used to kill them in marinas in winter
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum