Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine report

Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Palestine report - 01/31/16 12:15 PM

There's only one word to describe Palestine right now TOUGH! I had Crope and Action Jackson out yesterday and we battled the wind until dark. The fishing was tough with only 1 or 2 fish from each stop. We caught all our fish off of brush in 17-20' of water. Pepops grape limeaid and Thermocline white ice with 1/8 oz pink heads were the baits of choice. I hope someone has found where they are hiding. Good luck everyone!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Palestine report - 01/31/16 12:20 PM

Good report Jason cheers

Appears that it's very tough in all the lakes in the NE Texas area right now hammer
Posted By: Kylefield

Re: Palestine report - 01/31/16 03:50 PM

Looks a little breezy!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Palestine report - 01/31/16 04:09 PM

Gotta love those days where spray from the bow is hitting your line and you think it's a bite!! roflmao

Least you had good company!! thumb

Re: Palestine report - 01/31/16 05:43 PM

Not to mention all the waves you take over the front trying to catch one!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Palestine report - 02/01/16 04:46 AM

Thanks Slewfoot! For me it was the waves hiting the tip of my rod and I was setting the hook, roflmao.I did better my PB,from 1.85 to the pic shown,1.89.We still ad fun!
Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Gotta love those days where spray from the bow is hitting your line and you think it's a bite!! roflmao

Least you had good company!! thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: Palestine report - 02/01/16 04:48 AM

sorry for the 2nd post,but wanted to give a big shout out to JB for working real hard to put us on fish,especially with the conditions we had.I also need to practice using spell check....
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Palestine report - 02/01/16 07:21 AM

Tough fishing is better than skunk. Hats off to the guides that continue to put clients on fish when it's slow. Shows how much time, knowledge and patience guiding requires.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Palestine report - 02/01/16 11:27 AM

Good job on finding some fish in rough conditions. cheers These are the trips that you usually remember! thumb
Posted By: Retired Fisherman

Re: Palestine report - 02/01/16 11:39 AM

Nice fish Ronnie. Thumbs up to JB for putting clients on fish under tough conditions.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Palestine report - 02/01/16 02:47 PM

Honestly tough doesn't begin to describe the bite and conditions! Big ups to Jason for working his arse off to put us on fish! They did NOT want to cooperate at all! After being on the water for about 2.5-3hrs, I finally set the steel to a slab! Oh yea, it was personal for sure roflmao! Dropped back down and BAM, fish on! After that it was lights out!

We launched from the dam and didn't get to fish regular good spots due to 25mph winds...tried to stay on brush piles and waves were rocking the boat so hard, the trolling motor was coming outta the water making a loud fluttering noise! At that point it felt as if we we're surfing and not fishing anymore! Overall, we had a fun time on the water and it sure beat a day of working or sitting on the couch doing nada!

FYI...go on 4 guided trips with Jason and the 5th is free! Tight lines and good luck brothern fish

Re: Palestine report - 02/01/16 04:58 PM

Thanks for the good words guys, looking forward to next month!
Posted By: H-TownCrappieMan

Re: Palestine report - 02/01/16 06:26 PM

Way to work em guys!!!
Posted By: jpenwell

Re: Palestine report - 02/01/16 07:10 PM

thumb WTG guys.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum