Texas Fishing Forum

Joe pool update

Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Joe pool update - 01/21/16 02:43 PM

Ramp at Lynn creek marina opened yesterday. Lake is still 5ft high but is dropping fast and should be at normal level in a few weeks. I'm gonna be on the lake in the next few days to trying to pattern the crappie maybe even some whites. I'll give a report next week.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Joe pool - 01/21/16 02:46 PM

thumb
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Joe pool - 01/21/16 02:59 PM

Good deal bud!

Re: Joe pool - 01/24/16 02:48 AM

First day back on the lake in 4 months. Finally found fish in clearer water 15'-20'deep. Had about 30 throwbacks and 9 keepers but they were gooduns. All in all not a bad day considering being off the water for so long, middle of January and not having a pattern to work with. Plus they are still releasing a bunch of water. Natural jig colors were key today.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Joe pool - 01/24/16 05:55 AM

Originally Posted By: JP Guide service
First day back on the lake in 4 months. Finally found fish in clearer water 15'-20'deep. Had about 30 throwbacks and 9 keepers but they were gooduns. All in all not a bad day considering being off the water for so long, middle of January and not having a pattern to work with. Plus they are still releasing a bunch of water. Natural jig colors were key today.
Very nice Job !What colors are considered Natural colors and does water clearity factor in your decision?

Re: Joe pool - 01/24/16 01:45 PM

The natural colors we used yesterday were baitfish, ghost minner and screaming minnow by Lilly pad jigs. When we started fishing the clear water (12" visibility) we had various colors tied on but none that were a natural color. Once we switched over it was immediate hook ups.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Joe pool - 01/24/16 03:36 PM

I stopped by the state park Friday to see if they had opened the south ramp. Young lady at the desk said not yet. Water is still over the docking pier. Not sure when it will open. Driving around to Lynn Creek doubles my drive time. Really not worth it to me. Thanks for the report JP.

Re: Joe pool - 01/24/16 04:12 PM

Rods454 the lake should be back to normal at the most 2 weeks. So the south ramp at state park should be open in about 7-10 days
Posted By: crope1

Re: Joe pool - 01/24/16 06:11 PM

wtg Seth!
Posted By: crappieking95

Re: Joe pool - 01/24/16 07:11 PM

Doing pretty good this Morning JP, I met you yesterday. But imnout here with Brian and Trevor and were catching them really good, A LOT OF THROW BACKS! lol

Re: Joe pool - 01/24/16 08:29 PM

Yep we caught a lot of unders yesterday. Good that y'all are catching some today. Glad Brian is taking care of y'all.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Joe pool - 01/24/16 09:29 PM

Thanks JP, hope to see ya out there soon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum