Texas Fishing Forum

bonehead rod?

Posted By: deadeyedaniel

bonehead rod? - 01/20/16 09:45 PM

Does anyone have a 10ft bone head rod? How do you like them? How stiff is the back bone?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 12:31 AM

I Don`t own a 10 fter but if it`s anything like the 8 fter it`s an excellent choice thumbSensitive & strong.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 12:41 AM

It's not your normal 10' crappie rod. It's built like a tank to lift fish straight up out of brush. Put your hands on one to see if it fits your needs before pulling the trigger.
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 02:11 AM

Hey deadeye, What rod did you use to catch that 4lb 2oz crappie out of Cedar Creek back in 2011? You know the one you didn't take a picture of?

4lb 2oz
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris H2Os
Hey deadeye, What rod did you use to catch that 4lb 2oz crappie out of Cedar Creek back in 2011? You know the one you didn't take a picture of?

4lb 2oz

stir
Posted By: whitneylakerat

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 02:23 AM

Thanks Chris, I had forgotten all about that thread!

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 02:26 AM

Originally Posted By: whitneylakerat
Thanks Chris, I had forgotten all about that thread!

It's a good read.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 03:23 AM

Ok ok I read through two pages and I'm gasping for air I'm laughing so hard.

I'm with this Chris Webb guy.

Quote : if I catch a 4# crappie my wife better scoot over cause it's sleeping in the bed with us.

+1 sir. Well said!!!!

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 03:33 AM

This is great how you post a simple question on here an people always start stuff chris h20 idk wat pole I was using but I know I was using a Cajun cricket Bobby garland and ps that's still the biggest crappie iv ever caught iv never even came close to matching it again

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 03:34 AM

I didn't back then know exactly what I had caught

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 04:36 AM

Originally Posted By: deadeyedaniel
This is great how you post a simple question on here an people always start stuff chris h20 idk wat pole I was using but I know I was using a Cajun cricket Bobby garland and ps that's still the biggest crappie iv ever caught iv never even came close to matching it again

You asked if a particular rod had a stiff backbone and I figured the rod you were using when you caught that whale would have all the backbone you would ever need. Others here might want a rod like you had. That cajun cricket is deadly. Was your duck blind under water with all the high water on the lakes?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 12:48 PM

Just for giggles.....

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/6139267/1

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 02:28 PM

Wat ever rod it was it did have the back bone cause it got him in... and idk if the blinds even there anymore to be honest that was 5 years ago...
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 03:00 PM

4lb 2oz

That was a good read, but I was saddened when I saw all the guys that used to post that you never hear from anymore frown
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 03:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman

Dang!!! Just killed half an hour of my day!! The duck blind part was great! If I remember correctly alot of them in Louisiana growing up would get struck by lightning a night or two after squabbles. Well except for one! My crazy neighbor just lit it on fire with the guys still in it! People get some kinda worked up for something that tastes like a duck!! roflmao
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/21/16 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish

4lb 2oz

That was a good read, but I was saddened when I saw all the guys that used to post that you never hear from anymore frown

Yeah there were several. RIP BobGlenn
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/22/16 02:46 AM

4lb 2oz

roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: bonehead rod? - 01/22/16 07:24 AM

heartless just heartless lmao! roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: crapicat

Re: bonehead rod? - 02/18/16 04:14 PM

Originally Posted By: deadeyedaniel
Does anyone have a 10ft bone head rod? How do you like them? How stiff is the back bone?

I have two of the 10' rods...love them...you can hog big crappie out of thick tangles without losing them...what is telling (to Me) is when I was hoisting a 14 inch crappie on two foot of line, with ease and little bend, and no concerns with wondering if it would break. Haven't used a rod that would match it yet, despite all the chatterabout the G- Rods, I am yet to be convinced...if they are worth the extra money or as strong/durable as the Boneheads, but I suppose time will tell. The G rod warranty does not intstill confidence in their durability either.

Everyone is keying on sensitivity of G Rods; well the Boneheads are so sensitive, that even a light bite in deep water will send an electrical impulse right to the brain and you will set the hook automatically...just saying ...that is plenty sensitive enough for me...

Will they hold up over time is the great unknown; and if not, will the company stand behind them...since I am hard on rods, I spend time trying to ascertain the durability of new offerings...currently my view on the G- Rods is that they are fragile...I hope that experience proves me wrong; but that is my take, based on what I have researched so far. Hope I have answered your question. Sorry for the rant.
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: bonehead rod? - 02/20/16 06:46 PM

I would really be curious to know if that crappie did escape and survive in that pond , who knows one day there maybe a whole population from that one incident .

Re: bonehead rod? - 02/21/16 04:12 PM

I would love to see a crappie that big in my SKILLET...AFTER I had to kick my wife out of bed (so i could cuddle it till I could get it to Athens)... and after I sent the official measurements to BeltonBanger for a lifesize replica...and WAY AFTER, I got Ketchn to post forum pictures for me, of course!

In fact, on my way to Athens, I would stop by Tbox's place and get an OFFICIAL Thermocline Lures endorsement from Granny B herself (with pics), and to ask TBox to drive me to Athens, while I "protected" that crappie from wild animals (and so he could show me how to get there!) Then, I would drop over to Josh's to get an official Bonehead endorsement (and pics)

Then I would have to post up a thread where I told the "story" to TFF'ers and include all the pics taken, including the skillet pic...Now the only way that would change, is if I happened to be fishing with the Big Crappie crew on one of their special deals that come around from time to time...and since I have been with them on a lake record outing, I know they have got the ropes covered, so I would have to do the aforementioned stuff in reverse order...

After that, I would spend a considerable amount of time booking guided trips with Chris Waters, and Cody Standefer, asking if they had seen pics of my 4lb, 2oz crappie. Further, me and ole DW would probably have to take a week fishing trip somewhere just to see if maybe we could catch a bigger one! HA

Now DeadeyeDaniel, I don't know where you are from, but if you want to go fishing with me sometime in the next month, I do know where we can go and get a shot at a 2.5 lb size crappie...it wont be easy or guaranteed, but you may just pick one up that size AND I will loan you my spare 10ft bonehead to try to catch one with...
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: bonehead rod? - 02/21/16 08:58 PM

Crapicat....

Anybody ever tell you that you talk too much? Well you do! !!

Give me a couple of weeks and I will come show you how to jerky lips.

Re: bonehead rod? - 02/22/16 02:38 AM

Originally Posted By: MrRoachie
Crapicat....

Anybody ever tell you that you talk too much? Well you do! !!

Give me a couple of weeks and I will come show you how to jerky lips.

LOL,,Roachie, you are WELCOME to fish with me ANYTIME...just come on over...Good to hear from you.. Say if you haven't sold that black boat yet , drag it on over and you can follow the leader...YEEEEEE

IF you get on a bite over your way holler...maybe I can just magically appear!

Re: bonehead rod? - 02/22/16 02:47 AM

Hey Roachie...just got back from fishing...they ain't biting, but I got a pair of big girls (not telling)...and some decent males (13-14in)...maybe 3 weeks till its on over this way... banana
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum