Texas Fishing Forum

Navarro Mills

Posted By: CatRob

Navarro Mills - 01/18/16 07:54 PM

We drove around the lake today and it is still high. Is there a plan to get it back to normal before spring rains come again? How is the dam holding up? Also, is the store doing okay with the high water?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/18/16 08:58 PM

All Parks are closed &The Dam is releasing water @ 1796 cfs.I think it should be okay by spring welcome
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/19/16 12:53 AM

Should be good fishing if it does...
Posted By: DPDALAN

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/19/16 09:38 PM

It has went down nearly 3 feet in a week. Hopefully they keep letting it out till it gets to normal level.
Posted By: Keith Speer

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/20/16 05:26 PM

12' above normal.... Releasing water....
Now date when Elmo will open the marina.....
Crappie must be biting pretty good before he opens.....
I am thinking 2 - 3 more weeks before the water level is back to normal....
Then let the games begin.....

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/20/16 05:40 PM

Keith I have a question. If the Army corp of Engineers say`s all parks are closed on Navarro Mills, how can the TP&W give a fishing report ?? hmmmWho is doing all this fishing?

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/20/16 10:27 PM

TP&W are guessing..... Don't think a report from bank fisherman are very up to par....
Talked to a gate attendant, they told him parks would not open until 1 month after they get lake down to normal.
Electrical breakers at each camp site will have to be removed, clean up trash, logs etc....
I asked if the ramp would be open while this work was being done..... Nope....
Looking at 1st week or 2nd week in March before parks are open.

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/21/16 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Keith Speer
TP&W are guessing..... Don't think a report from bank fisherman are very up to par....
Talked to a gate attendant, they told him parks would not open until 1 month after they get lake down to normal.
Electrical breakers at each camp site will have to be removed, clean up trash, logs etc....
I thought so rolleyes
Posted By: CatRob

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/21/16 06:42 PM

If it takes until 1st or 2nd week of March, I hope spring does not bring more flooding.
Posted By: tech

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/21/16 08:15 PM

Sure hope the level comes down and can stay at reasonable height so it will reopen, I have plans, Fish should be on like donkey kong!! They have to be hungry!
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/21/16 09:15 PM

Why would they be hungry? If you like small fish it's a good lake.Just sayin.Darrell
Posted By: tech

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/22/16 02:00 PM

Ok maybe I should of said I would be hungry for some crappie. There sure hasn't been any pressure on them for almost a year! Its due for a good year! There are some good and some bad years, I think it is going to be a good year! I can dream can't I! LOL

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/22/16 02:34 PM

Ha I was just jackin with ya Tech.I can say we have had some changing conditions this yr for sure.I write in my log book daily of conditions of lakes and catches and temps.Its going to be interesting to compare 2015 to yrs to come.Darrell
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/22/16 02:51 PM

I'm hoping Navarro will be on fire with some quality slabs...
Still searching for that 3 Pounder slinger

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/22/16 07:00 PM

I already have a couple ssl`s picked out to target those 3 lb er`s. I don`t think they will be where everyone will be fishing JE. 2cents
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/22/16 07:02 PM

Just a guess, but I bet the lack of fishing pressure for the past 1-2 years on NM will make for an excellent late spring / early summer pattern. Assuming the lake doesn't swell up 10-15' again this spring. thumb

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/22/16 07:04 PM

Originally Posted By: SLABXPRESS
Just a guess, but I bet the lack of fishing pressure for the past 1-2 years on NM will make for an excellent late spring / early summer pattern. Assuming the lake doesn't swell up 10-15' again this spring. thumb
I agree with you Eric thumb

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/22/16 07:06 PM

Let`s keep our fingers and Toes crossed man coolio
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/22/16 07:19 PM

They aren't guessing they just fail to ever change the report, its probably been the same for a long time, THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED FAIRFIELDS IN YEARS. I would be interested in how the dam is holding up as well, it didn't look good in the spring... scared

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/22/16 07:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
They aren't guessing they just fail to ever change the report, its probably been the same for a long time, THEY HAVEN'T CHANGED FAIRFIELDS IN YEARS. I would be interested in how the dam is holding up as well, it didn't look good in the spring... scared
Well if they aren't guessing ,and the lake has been closed for some time,and nobody is allowed on the lake, why wouldn`t they just not give a report instead of a giving a fake one?? hmmm

Re: Navarro Mills - 01/28/16 03:42 PM

Things are looking better, dropping quickly , 8.59 over

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/07/16 02:38 PM

Getting close, barely 3 feet over.

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/07/16 09:56 PM

Sunday 3:50 p.m. NM 2.14' above normal....
Parks open the 15th, boat ramps also....

I know wrong forum but F.Y.I. There is a Catfish Tour at NM the 20th.

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/08/16 01:53 AM

Can`t wait!
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/08/16 02:20 AM

Its fiten ta be on like donkey Kong.... fish
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/08/16 05:47 AM

Richland creek is at the brim and steadily flowing. These lakes may all level off sooner than we expected. banana
Posted By: Oldman4750

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/12/16 02:35 PM

are they still going to open on the 15th

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/13/16 02:44 AM

Still opening the 15th.... Lake level is 0.22' above normal.....

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/13/16 02:44 AM

Still opening the 15th.... Lake level is 0.22' above normal.....
Posted By: Big_D

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/16/16 05:34 PM

Tried Oak Park and Wolf Creek but the gates were locked yesterday. Called Elmo, no answer. Ended up trying the horn and the old boat house with only a dink bass taking a jig.

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/16/16 08:05 PM

I heard all crappie and crappie condos washed down stream .Lakes barren.
Posted By: Retired&Free2Fish

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/16/16 08:24 PM

I called Monday and spoke to a young man who said that the marina would not be opening till March the 15th or the end of March.

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/16/16 09:38 PM

Oak Park and Liberty Hill Park is open.....
Posted By: HOTFishing

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/17/16 01:03 AM

Called COE about noon, they said that Liberty Hiill was open but that the Marina was damaged. Also the jetty at Crappie Point was damaged and is closed. I didn't get an estimated time of repair for either but a buddy mentioned that Crappie Point may be ready this weekend. If your a bank fisherman you could try your luck but boats seem the best bet for now.
Posted By: johnson

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/17/16 06:36 PM

Thinking about going out Saturday but never been on that lake , they say the wind will blow 20-30 how is that wind the wind blow
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Navarro Mills - 02/18/16 01:33 AM

When the wind is blowing, there is always a place you can fish in relative calm water due to the cliffs around parts of the lake. Just be careful and depending on wind direction put in at Liberty Hill instead of Oak Park. If the wind is out of the North, Oak Park is where you launch, any other wind direction, then Liberty Hill is your best bet. The wakes seldom get over 3ft, just stay off the upper end on windy days because it is stumpy under the water line and you can poke a hole in the bottom without trying. Hope this helps. PS. If you have a high sides, a big boat or a V bottom, you can fish that lake with little worries, just stay off the upper end...it is shallow/stumpy and the wind can make some impressive rollers.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum