Texas Fishing Forum

Lake o pines

Posted By: jeff1962

Lake o pines - 12/30/15 01:39 PM

Have a campsite booked thru Sunday,and am worried about the crappie fishing I've heard.Any pointers or advice would be appreciated,guess if we can't catch crappie may have to go after some whiskers.
Posted By: one-3lb-er

Re: Lake o pines - 12/30/15 02:19 PM

just checked COE, LOP is 13' high and rising releasing 3,111 CFS. I would try below the dam, then I would go home.
Posted By: 410MAN

Re: Lake o pines - 12/30/15 04:03 PM

Its a mess now, will be hard fishing, may not be worth the time and expense
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Lake o pines - 12/30/15 04:31 PM

Sounds like some hard fishing, ben there and done that. I would go below the dam and catch some shad for catfish bait. They most times will hit a jig back there. LUCK
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Lake o pines - 12/30/15 04:57 PM

I was there last week before the flood hit Sunday. The crappie fishing was tough, but I did talk to a guy that was catching catfish.

They were also catching a few below the dam, but it wasn't fast and furious.

We gave up and brought the camper home Sunday.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Lake o pines - 12/30/15 06:52 PM

Went to Pines yesterday and my advice is to go to another lake. It's terrible right now.
Posted By: elkhunter7x6

Re: Lake o pines - 12/30/15 08:43 PM

I had a spot reserved for my camper at Buckhorn from 12/31- 1/24. The corp canceled my reservations yesterday due to high water!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Lake o pines - 12/31/15 04:13 PM

Are there still ramps open at this level? What ramp is CAT going out of in 2 weeks assuming they're still having a tournament there? Might have to try it out next weekend. Never been on the lake and not really looking forward to it!! Might go duck hunt first at this point!!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Lake o pines - 12/31/15 04:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Are there still ramps open at this level? What ramp is CAT going out of in 2 weeks assuming they're still having a tournament there? Might have to try it out next weekend. Never been on the lake and not really looking forward to it!! Might go duck hunt first at this point!!

CAT launches out of Johnson Creek. It is going to be interesting to see what plays out. We only have about 15 days to game time.
Posted By: Pat Martin

Re: Lake o pines - 12/31/15 05:02 PM

Johnson Creek ramp will stay open to 246. It's at 242.01 now. Should level off soon.
Posted By: Oldrabbit

Re: Lake o pines - 01/01/16 04:11 PM

Watch for floating logs. One of the guys that works for me said they are everywhere. Water is up to the top of the emergency spillway. Never had any luck with with the gates open. Like Stucky76 said go elsewhere. Good luck and Happy New Year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum