Texas Fishing Forum

Best Jig Color(s)

Posted By: Tex5000

Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 04:40 PM

In general what is the best jig color or color combination to start out with at any of the area lakes?
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 04:52 PM

These will ketch fish most anywhere...

Chartreuse,black,Chartreuse
Chartreuse,pink,Chartreuse
Chartreuse,white,Chartreuse
Red/black/white
Posted By: Bud B

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 04:54 PM

Jig color? Ok, sorry, but I can't resist..........................................unpainted.

As for plastic, purple/chartreuse has been working best for me lately.

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 05:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Jig Man

Red/black/white

Thanks.

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 05:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Bud B
Jig color? Ok, sorry, but I can't resist..........................................unpainted.

Thanks, I can't seem to find any purple/chartreuse.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 06:58 PM

Try Thermocline Lures for the purple/chart. It's called Purple Passion. Web site link is in my sig below.
For a starter color, chart/white is very good. The color of the water and clarity usually dictate which color(s) to start with. Clear water, natural colors that mimic shad and minnows. Dirty water, dark or bright colors.
Posted By: Outlawelectric

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 07:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Jig Man

Red/black/white

+1
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 08:39 PM

Chartreuse is the best color to use in many lakes and rivers.

Use other colors based on the day light and weather conditions...
Use dark colors with the Char for overcast/dark skies and murky/cloudy water.
Use lighter colors with the char or char alone for bright days with the water is clear.

Good luck!
Posted By: Roman Cherny

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 08:59 PM

+1 purple/chartreuse
Posted By: pepop

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/26/15 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Tex5000

Tex, are you looking for plastic's or hand tied jig's? Great plastics fished with a plain lead head might be Thermocline or Slab Bandit, both have a purple/chartreuse selection. As for hand tied jigs, I have a Grape Limeade that is pretty hot on Lake Palestine right now and I'd be happy to send you a couple to try. Probably any of the tier's on here could put a purple/chartreuse combo together for you.

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/27/15 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
Try Thermocline Lures for the purple/chart. It's called Purple Passion. Web site link is in my sig below.
For a starter color, chart/white is very good. The color of the water and clarity usually dictate which color(s) to start with. Clear water, natural colors that mimic shad and minnows. Dirty water, dark or bright colors.

Thanks.

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/27/15 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Roman Cherny
+1 purple/chartreuse

Sounds like that is the one for this tome of the year.

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/27/15 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: pepop

Tex, are you looking for plastic's or hand tied jig's? Great plastics fished with a plain lead head might be Thermocline or Slab Bandit, both have a purple/chartreuse selection. As for hand tied jigs, I have a Grape Limeade that is pretty hot on Lake Palestine right now and I'd be happy to send you a couple to try. Probably any of the tier's on here could put a purple/chartreuse combo together for you.

Thanks, do they sell Thermocline or Slab Bandits at any of the sporting good stores in the Dallas area? Barlows or Cabelas maybe?
Posted By: SlabHappy

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/27/15 04:18 AM

Thanks, do they sell Thermocline or Slab Bandits at any of the sporting good stores in the Dallas area? Barlows or Cabelas maybe?

I don't think they do, but if you order some tonight, will probably be in your mailbox Wednesday.
http://stores.crazyanglertackle.com/slab-bandits/
http://thermoclinelures.com/ocart/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=121

I would also get some thump buddies from Lane. Blazing Raisin are pretty good this time of year. I like them on pink heads.
http://constantpursuitoutfitters.com/hom...p;product_id=52
Posted By: have_rod_reel_travel

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/27/15 05:52 PM

I call it, Halloween.... I handcraft many styles of jigs and this color is always first on my line...

Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/27/15 06:07 PM

I subscribe to the Ernest and Guy theory: Whatever I grab out of the box or bottom of the boat and stab on the hook. As long as it's plastic and hollow bodied. This season, color has not meant squat. Everything I have thrown at them or dropped on them, they have attacked.

Rudy
Posted By: NekidTackle

Re: Best Jig Color(s) - 12/27/15 10:00 PM

Midnight glow, Green Charteruse, and June Bug have been hot, all coated with UV Blast.

June Bug is available NOW and pictures will be on the website tomorrow.
Nekid Tackle Crappie Jig Heads
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum