Texas Fishing Forum

Thank's SANTA

Posted By: maxj

Thank's SANTA - 12/25/15 02:27 PM

fish And Robert, Belinda and Todd. I just returned from adjusting the cables on the Bell Co. Sportsman's Club fishing dock due to the releasing of water.
As usual I take my jig pole along to sample the wasters. This morning between 7 and 8 I caught and released over 30 crappie from 6 to 12 inches. All were caught on a tandem rig using a Texas Toast Slab Bandit and a Thermocline Lil Fry Ice Shad.
As you may have guessed I was the only fisherman on the dock early today and the fish were ready to bite. Everything was caught between 10-14 ft. in 40 FOW.
If you live in Bell County and are interested in joining the Bell County Sportsman's Club send me a PM and I will be glad to give you all of the necessary info. flag
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/25/15 03:13 PM

Hammer onem Majx
Posted By: cellis

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/25/15 04:28 PM

Neat story. Merry Christmas Max!

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/25/15 06:30 PM

Dw,,Hope Santa found you

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/25/15 06:32 PM

Carl,Merry Christmas to you and yours. I hope to see you at Pines on the 16th

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/25/15 08:49 PM

Santa left a frickin bill ha .Opps time to go eat againJust got a cord of wood split looks like I will need it sun-mon.Darrell

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/25/15 10:25 PM

Sounds like the wood will be a good thing for next week but it will be too wet to burn after the rain.

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/26/15 02:21 PM

DW. I could locate the fish this morning. I did manage a few but, nothing like yesterday. I guess they are still full of Christmas Dinner. Or they are looking for a place to hide from the coming weather change.

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/26/15 02:54 PM

Heck you sore lippedem all yesterday.ha Yes sir Mother Nature is fixin to throw us a curve ball .Looks like we're gonna get a few in of rain.Keep your powder dry my friend.Darrell

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/27/15 11:24 AM

Dw, I have plenty of dry wood for the fire and plan to make a big pot of beef stew and just wait it out.

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/27/15 11:26 AM

Dw, I have plenty of dry wood for the fire and plan to make a big pot of beef stew and just wait it out.

Re: Thank's SANTA - 12/27/15 08:32 PM

Majx I'm flooded out here got me a new 150 acre creek come fish.ha Got 5" so far and still raining.Darrell
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum