Texas Fishing Forum

Minnows or Jigs

Posted By: Tex5000

Minnows or Jigs - 12/21/15 03:12 PM

I know both can catch crappie but in general is one more effective than the other? Especially for beginners.
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Minnows or Jigs - 12/21/15 03:40 PM

For a beginner I would let the minnow do the work.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Minnows or Jigs - 12/21/15 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: jiggin el
For a beginner I would let the minnow do the work.

+1 thumb
Posted By: 79scooter

Re: Minnows or Jigs - 12/21/15 04:05 PM

I almost always take both, and jig while drwoning a minnow. once you see what they like best commit to the preffered bait.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Minnows or Jigs - 12/21/15 05:45 PM

For A BEGINNER, I would recommend the minnow under a bobber for you.Jigging can be very taxing on a beginner not knowing what you are expecting Especially with the sometimes subtle Crappie bite.With a bobber you have the advantage of visually seeing the bite rather than having to feel for it and sometimes if your equipment is subpar you wont feel the subtle bite. 2cents
Posted By: Alfster

Re: Minnows or Jigs - 12/21/15 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: 79scooter
I almost always take both, and jig while drwoning a minnow. once you see what they like best commit to the preffered bait.

This is what I do.
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Minnows or Jigs - 12/21/15 10:53 PM

If your family is starving use minnows.If you want to catch fish on something that doesn't look like a minnaw use a jig then its location -presentation-and skill and go home proud yourself you really fished.ha Darrell
Posted By: Kylefield

Re: Minnows or Jigs - 12/22/15 12:12 AM

Jig.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Minnows or Jigs - 12/22/15 02:30 AM

I would also start with minners. Get that down then try ta go with an experienced jig fisherman. There some gooduns that hang out around here and they will be glad ta help ya.

Just don't start tying your own...Or you will be totally lost!
Posted By: Tex5000

Re: Minnows or Jigs - 12/22/15 03:01 AM

Thanks guys.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum