Texas Fishing Forum

POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ???

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/21/15 01:01 AM

Anyone have any info about POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR in La. A friend wants me to go there with him.
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/21/15 01:07 AM

Ernest look over to the left we have a Louisiana forum now .I bet you can get some info there.Darrell
Posted By: fishin_farmer

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/21/15 02:59 AM

The only thing I've seen on poverty point is spider rigging. I believe there are some youtube videos I out it. And I hear there are some really big fish caught there. Let us know how you do
Posted By: Hump

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/21/15 04:03 AM

Closer to the Mississippi River the bigger the crappie. Just sayin!
Posted By: bert

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/21/15 05:18 PM

Ernest,

I have been researching it some as it is on the camping to do list from my wife. I don't find a lot of information on it other than the spawn and winter slip fishing. If I go I will let you know what I find.
Posted By: crappiehunter

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/22/15 06:43 AM

I've fished Poverty Point several times but mostly in the spring.I don't spider rig but the best times of the year are Spring and Fall/Winter.I launch at the Marina.Call the marina they will be more than happy to help you.They have some monster crappie there and it's a 25 fish bag limit but no size limit.Most of the timber is in the upper part of the lake and an area known as the "jungle".They catch plenty around the slips but in the spring there are people lined up along the road pulling in crappie left and right.They have cabins over the water and they also catch plenty of crappie around them.
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/22/15 11:05 AM

Ernest, Matthew and I were thinking about a trip there a couple of years ago. As I recall, Matt talked to someone that knew the lake and got a glowing report on some big crappie being caught. We never made the trip but, I always wished we had.
Maybe Matt will respond with more info.
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/22/15 01:59 PM

There is not much activity on the Louisiana forum. I work in Louisiana (live in Texas) and can't get hardly any replies to post on the La. forum. Most of the information I have found for crappie in Louisiana has come off of Crappie.com in the state section.

later...don
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/22/15 02:02 PM

Just YouTube it.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/22/15 09:17 PM

There's PP, Yucatan, and Bruin all there close. They all hold some pigs. Got some buddies from that way. Get some pigs of huge crappie. Always say I'm going and never do. Need to go back to Millwood too. Chased ducks on every corner of that lake when I lived in Texarkana and never snatched and crappie off that sucker!!
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: POVERTY POINT RESERVOIR ??? - 12/23/15 05:49 AM

There is guy who post on his fishing trips on Poverty Point on Youtube and he catches some pigs out of that lake. Do a Youtube search Bob Wells Poverty point crappie.

Reggie
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum