Texas Fishing Forum

New crappie rod for Christmas?

Posted By: z7x374

New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/16/15 10:10 PM

Looking for suggestions on a new crappie rod for christmas. I want a 9 footer and already have bass pro brands, b&m and pro angler rods. Whats the latest and greatest?
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/16/15 10:24 PM

G-Rod has a GREAT 9' rod
Belinda & I have both been using them to fish deep
Click the logo in my signature and have a look at them. We are the only ones that have any left right now I believe.
Posted By: PlanoPaul

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/16/15 11:05 PM

G-Rod is a good one. I have the 10'6" and love it. Still love my Pro Anglers too though.
Posted By: txtider

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/16/15 11:13 PM

Got me a 9 and a 7 g rod ! Liked the 9 a lot will try the seven on Saturday! Sure feels mighty nice !
Posted By: HOGON

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/16/15 11:17 PM

I love BnM, Pro Angler, and I just got a couple G-Rods but have not fished with them yet.

However, I am a huge TICA rod fan.

Check out the Libra series:

http://www.ticaamerica.com/rods/fresh-water/libra-smha

Good Luck!
Posted By: larry mays

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/16/15 11:20 PM

All I have heard about the G-ROD is good, but one that is lower in price is Lew's pro rod series. Its new for this year and worth looking at. Like you I plan to get one of them by Christmas, but have not fish with either.
Posted By: Retired&Free2Fish

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/17/15 01:02 AM

Falcon has some new rods on their site called the slab series that you may want to check out also.
Posted By: mrider

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/17/15 02:19 AM

I was at Thermocline Lures today and felt the 9 ft G rod very nice rod and light weight.
Posted By: msg_f91

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/17/15 04:16 AM

I had a question about the 7 ft crappie G Rod, I saw online someone mention that the rod would be a nice all around ML action rod besides crappie, would the 7 ft ML crappie be ok to double as a drop shot rod for bass and jig rod for crappie?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/17/15 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: msg_f91
I had a question about the 7 ft crappie G Rod, I saw online someone mention that the rod would be a nice all around ML action rod besides crappie, would the 7 ft ML crappie be ok to double as a drop shot rod for bass and jig rod for crappie?

My thoughts is that the ML might be a bit to soft for dropshoting. I would at least like a medium weight.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/17/15 01:19 PM

Im forced to be a finesse fisherman because of an arm Iinjury. For a cast and retrieve presentation I have gone to med light action rods on much of my fishing. I really like a moderate to mod/fast tip. I love to drop shot for bass, but these rods work really well now that I crappie fish most of the time.As far as vertical presentation jig fishing they work also...however I have a lot to learn about there.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/17/15 03:58 PM

After putting my first 7' G-rod to the test, I was sold! These are truly great rods and I now own the 5', 7', and 9'. I have fished with most rods on the market, but the G-rod quickly became my favorite. I cannot say enough about the sensitivity and toughness of these rods!
Posted By: Laner

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/17/15 04:51 PM

If you want the best, I would go with a G Rod. If you want top notch within a blue collar budget, I would go with Pro Angler. I am sending you a PM of the dealer I would contact in the DFW area.
Posted By: txtider

Re: New crappie rod for Christmas? - 12/20/15 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: msg_f91
. Fished the 7ft grod yesterday . It would make a great drop shot rod in my opinion ! I have several dropshot rods to compare it to .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum