Texas Fishing Forum

Creek fishing for Dummies

Posted By: TroyKing

Creek fishing for Dummies - 12/10/15 01:30 PM

AND IM THE DUMMY!!!...It seems like we need a dedicated thread to help some of us understand the ins and outs of creek fishing for crappie...If I could get a good grasp of this,it It could possibly open up a world of opportunity for my family. Im certain many others could benifit as well...So if all of you folks with this knowledge/experience would,please share.. thanks.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Creek fishing for Dummies - 12/10/15 02:02 PM

go through the bank fishing threads, a search, if you will, looking for Carey Thorn's postings on fall and winter fishing for crappie. They are like primers for rookie creek fishermen. EVERYTHING YOU need to know, and I mean EVERYTHING, is covered by Carey in the postings, and also he has old videos of his Winter banking/creeking seminars that he does at Bass Pro Shops on YouTube. If that does not get you "crash coursed" on winter "crappie creeking", nothing will. He also covers the waterfront on spring white bass creek runs.

That is the best advice I can give, it has helped countless numbers on the forum, lurkers as well.

Carey is also under the moniker, "Tarpon Fly", if that helps in your search.

Rudy
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Creek fishing for Dummies - 12/10/15 02:14 PM

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Tarpon+Fly+Carey+Thorn
This will get you started. Subscribe to his page, and a lot of info you will find!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum