Texas Fishing Forum

FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News

Posted By: tboxfish

FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 12:53 PM

For those of you that don't know, I fell on 11-19-2010 8', landing on my buttocks.
The fall resulted in a Blow-Out fracture of my T-11 vertebrae. I saw the images from my 1st MRI and it wasn't pretty.
I'm no doctor, but I knew the jagged edges on the top and all the cracks didn't look anything like the vertebrae above and below
That was over 5yrs now and I've been to quite a few doctors after it didn't heal in the 3-4 months that I was told it would.
Same story from all the doctors, cracks have healed in the bone, it's solid....No reason for you to still be in pain except for your part of the small
percentage of people that don't heal from this type of injury bang

I've been on a HVY pain management program ever since and HATE IT! realmad

After waiting months to get approval from Workers Comp, on Monday I visited a doctor in Houston that had fixed a neighbor of ours on Lake Cypress Springs. She had had back problems that nobody could diagnosis and was also on pain management and blood pressure medicine due to pain. She visited Dr. Esses and he quickly found that her back was broke, she had a lower fusion and is now completely pain free and off all the meds.

Dr. Esses stated that they had discovered that the patients, like me, that had my type of injury and didn't heal, was due to the disc blowing out, not out to the side as is the normal way a disc ruptures, but downward into the cavity created by the compression of the bone. I lost 35% of the height on the front side of the vertebrae. He stated that all my records indicted this and was shocked that nobody else had known or wanted to check out the obvious loco
Belinda & I both were simply overjoyed to hear this and had to wipe tears back.

If he is correct in his evaluation, a fusion will be required, but it is a minimal evasive procedure with only a 2" scar. That's simply amazing as I had a Lower fusion done approx. 30yrs ago and have a LONG scar at the bottom of my back.

He has sent a request to Workers Comp to get a current MRI and a Bone Speck test done in Tyler, so it's back to the waiting game, but hopefully they will not delay the tests long.....how else would they expect him to do his job hmmm

Needless to say, I'm happy, HAPPY, HAPPY just knowing what's going on and that there's the possibility to someday not have back pain again, not have to take pain meds! woot

Heck, I'd sure like to be able to drive and not have to ride with Belinda roflmao

THANK YOU to all that prayed for me, IT WORKS!
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 12:56 PM

Man, I thought I was about the only one. Did the same thing, same year. Retired and gave up 2011, surgery on one disc....results: now have 5 herniated discs!
Had to retire almost 2 years early
I hope things get better shipmate
God Bless
Lee
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 01:03 PM

Awesome news Todd and I really hope they get you fixed up ASAP. I know how difficult it is to live with back issues and hope they can get yours corrected quickly.
Posted By: Jerry T.

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 01:17 PM

Thank God. Congrats to ya, hope all goes well.
Posted By: papamark

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 01:40 PM

OMG, Todd will be loose on the road again, watch out everyone, and now you wont don't need that fancy Trolling motor anymore.

roflmao

I hope they can get it fixed right - That's GREAS NEWS
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 01:49 PM

Will keep you in my prayers. The power of prayer WORKS! angel2

Side Note: It's great getting some good news! thumb
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 01:50 PM

I know it has been challenging to live with sever back pain, hope you are able to have the surgery and be able to live pain free going forward.

There is nothing worse than back problems!
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 01:55 PM

Congrats Todd. We've got a couple prayers headed your way for you and your new medical team!

flag texas
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 01:57 PM

That is really good news man!! More prayers are sent!! SOON you'll be back to doin what ya love tenfold!!
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: papamark
OMG, Todd will be loose on the road again, watch out everyone, and now you wont don't need that fancy Trolling motor anymore.

roflmao

I hope they can get it fixed right - That's GREAS NEWS

Mark,
and you thought the crappie where in big trouble with Todd on the water. Just wait till he is back to normal. Them crappie won't have a chance. This puts pressure on me and now my back hurts.... roflmao

Happy for ya Todd banana
Posted By: fishinman

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 02:18 PM

Good luck ....hang in there!

Good fishin'
Gary
Posted By: red snappa

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 02:36 PM

That is awesome news Todd! Hope pain free days are in the near future!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 02:43 PM

Thanks everybody!

It's awesome to have your support and to be part of this fishing community clap

Y'All ROCK!
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 02:55 PM

Great News Mr and Mrs Box...God is good!!!
Posted By: Sigav8r

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 03:05 PM

Great news Todd! Glad to hear there's a light at the end of the tunnel in the recovery process for you!
Posted By: LeanderLuvs2Fish

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 03:13 PM

Great news Todd! May God continue to bless you and keep you!
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 03:25 PM

AWESOME NEWS bannana2
Posted By: Lakeside Bait Molds

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 03:30 PM

Awesome news Todd, we are pulling for you. Really hope this works!
Posted By: Sandwich Maker

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 03:34 PM

I know it must be a great relief just to know that there is a chance to get healed. There is nothing more frustrating than having chronic pain. Hope it works out for you Todd!

thumb
Posted By: 79scooter

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 03:37 PM

banana woot thumb
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 03:38 PM

Great news Todd, hope everything works out for you!!
Posted By: HOGON

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 03:51 PM

Tbox,

First and foremost I am extremely happy that you kept looking for a solution to your problem and there may finally be some light at the end of the tunnel.

I can relate to your pain. I had an accident in 1995 and almost died. I broke my back and I now have a metal rod in my lower back for life. I lost two inches of bone in my lower left leg and the doctor wanted to cut my leg off above the knee. They told me I would never fly again.

cry

Guess what? I decided I did not like that diagnosis so I went to a second doctor and he too wanted to cut my leg off above the knee.

bang

de

Guess what? I told them both to pound sand and went to a third doctor. He looked at it and said, "I can fix that!"

clap banana cheers

Guess what? He did fix it and I am walking around on my leg. Oh yeah and I fly for a major airline out of Dallas Love Field.

flag

So, doctors are like opinions and you know what else...everybody has one. Sometimes there is no hope for certain things, but in your case and mine I just did not believe that to be the case and I kept fighting and looking for the right doctor that was willing to take on my challenge.

I really hope they finally get this squared away for you my good buddy.

Why would you want to go back to driving? I let my wife drive everywhere so I can play with the radio.
woot partyon

See you on the water. fish
Posted By: NekidTackle

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 05:45 PM

This is great news Todd, GOOD LUCK!
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 05:56 PM

Great news Todd...and you are correct; prayer does work. When I was diagnosed with cancer and consequently lost my left kidney, there were people all over (people I didn't even know) that were praying for me. And it worked, thank God. Hope you get the testing and subsequent procedure soon thumb
Posted By: Mike Ryan

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 06:11 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Will keep you in my prayers. The power of prayer WORKS! angel2

Side Note: It's great getting some good news! thumb

What he said.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 06:57 PM

Good deal!! A good doctor is great!!! Hope they get you fixed up!! fish
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 07:27 PM

Good news there Mr Tbox...will keep y'all in our thoughts and prayers...When you know where you are...Its much easier to know which way to go. Keep your head up.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 07:55 PM

Awesome news Todd. I feel your pain. 2 back surgeries in 1981 and 1983. Mine is just now starting to give me pain again. I hope your outcome is successful. cheers
Posted By: Mike Andrews

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 08:58 PM

Great news! My wife is having major issues with her neck and back. She had surgery on her neck in May to correct a bulging disk and now has another in her lower back. I'm going to get her to look into your doc.
Posted By: Zipster

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 09:29 PM

Congrats and glad to see you overjoyed! I hope it turns out like you want it to!
Posted By: keatontrevino

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 09:54 PM

I feel your pain at 28 I got a t11 t12 bulged 5mm disk and a l4,5 s1 problem.. its a all day pain that never stops. Hope you get the good help.. on workers comp I have not had any luck..
Posted By: RODS454

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 10:22 PM

Good news is wonderful for the spirit. Congrats!
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 10:22 PM

Good news, and you Will still appreciate that fancy trolling motor, next time I'm in I may get some information from you. We been hearing the same reports from Dr.s too.
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 10:44 PM

Great news, if I can get one of the three deer that I am after, to give me a shot, I plan on heading that way.
Posted By: Dutch1947

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/03/15 11:27 PM

Praying for a pain free 2016.
Posted By: Bud B

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/04/15 12:51 AM

Best wishes, Todd. I hope they get it repaired well. My surgery was pretty minor compared to that. I had my follow-up appointment today, and they said I'm doing well. It sounds like your incision will be no bigger than mine. I went back to work Monday. Now for some fishing...
Posted By: dcar

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/04/15 02:01 AM

Awesome news! hope the best for ya thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/04/15 11:46 AM

Well Mr Box,I have to admit,I like yourself,was unable to hold back tears.Just the thought of knowing how "GREAT OUR GOD IS"! Yes Prayer does work.We'll keep on praying for you! Your friend "Hurt'em".
Posted By: crope1

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/04/15 11:52 AM

Well Mr Box,I have to admit,I like yourself,was unable to hold back tears.Just the thought of knowing how "GREAT OUR GOD IS"! Yes Prayer does work.We'll keep on praying for you! Your friend "Hurt'em".
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/04/15 01:54 PM

Great news Todd. More prayers on the way.
Posted By: HooknSlabs35

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/04/15 04:21 PM

Great news Tbox! Hope the good news keeps coming from this
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/04/15 04:25 PM

Good to see you back. Grin.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: FINALLY..............A Glimmer of GOOD News - 12/05/15 04:35 PM

Great news Todd! Hope you can become pain free again. Continued prayers!
Looking forward to some pain relief of my own on Dec 28th, so I feel your pain...literally.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum