Texas Fishing Forum

Fork Bite?

Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Fork Bite? - 12/03/15 02:09 AM

Any opinions on how they will bite by Friday with all the new water? Also heard they were letting it out. Thx.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Fork Bite? - 12/03/15 02:51 AM

We got 50 yesterday! 28-32 feet. We fished in open water around points. No minnows. Only Jigs. Thermocline Black Emerald Shiner. Remember you have to keep everything on Fork until March 1st. While we had our fair share of small ones we caught some HOGS too. We dip the tails in Chartreuse Spike it. Crappie really love it.

Good Luck.
Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Re: Fork Bite? - 12/03/15 02:54 AM

Thx HOGON, doesn't sound like the water level has any effect on them right now. More like they are settling into their winter pattern. Were they starting to group up? Thx again.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Fork Bite? - 12/03/15 03:04 AM

We just trolled around bouncing the jig off the bottom. It seems you would pop it a couple times and then THUMP! They really like to hit it when it is falling back down. Other times you would just hold it still and then when you least expected it THUMP! It did take us all day to get our limit but we spent first part of day just trying to figure them out. At least for us the new water did not seem to affect the bite and we had a North Wind too.

We caught fish on the 515 West Bridge. Not sure about 515 East we did not fish it.
The 154 was holding 4-6 inch small fish. Big fish were few.
The majority of our big boys we caught in open water 28-32 Feet around points.

Friday could be completely different. But just reporting where we found them.

Good Luck!!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Fork Bite? - 12/03/15 05:24 AM

8uwf,there you have it....now go forth and handle your business....best of luck to ya!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Fork Bite? - 12/03/15 11:51 AM

Last time I was out, I could hear the water rushing out the back of them dam in a spot or 2 I fished and it didn't affect the bite any hmmm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum