Texas Fishing Forum

Starting Tues Dec 1

Posted By: papamark

Starting Tues Dec 1 - 11/29/15 02:08 PM

You are suppose keep every Crappie you catch on Lake Fork ( no mattter the size ) until the end of Jan,

I know there are a couple of other lakes that you have to also do this,
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 11/29/15 02:22 PM

If they all don't go over the dam roflmaoBad time for high water.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 11/29/15 09:36 PM

LOP falls under the same ruling.
Posted By: Mr. Catchum

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 11/29/15 10:52 PM

Pines & Fork Rules:

Crappie Fork black and white crappie caught from DEC. 1 through the last day of FEB., there is no minimum length limit and all crappie caught must be retained. From March through November, minimum length is 10 inches. Year-round daily bag limit is 25 crappie in any combination.
Posted By: Resh

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 12/01/15 12:41 AM

Why is this? And is this normal for this time of year?
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 12/01/15 01:24 AM

I think it has something to do with their inability to decompress the air from their bladders. After being pulled from deep water if released they will die of the Crappie Bends
Posted By: fe1

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 12/01/15 01:27 AM

Exactly
Originally Posted By: Fishbonz
I think it has something to do with their inability to decompress the air from their bladders. After being pulled from deep water if released they will die of the Crappie Bends
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 12/01/15 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Fishbonz

Thats it, most fish caught this time of year are caught in deep water, and will not survive if released. There are more lakes in our area that need the same restrictions... IMO
Posted By: BrianTx01

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 12/01/15 03:24 AM

For big blues I keep a burb tube...don't think that would work to well for crappie.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 12/01/15 09:48 PM

I keep a burp tube by the kitchen table always
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Starting Tues Dec 1 - 12/01/15 10:30 PM

I don't like keeping less than 11 inches, but worst I hate seeing crappie die wasted. Maybe it's time we see what we can get done about lakes that are deeper than 32 foot.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum