Texas Fishing Forum

School was in session today!

Posted By: Sigav8r

School was in session today! - 11/25/15 12:40 AM

Went out with Crappie Bait and our esteemed Mr Paty on Lewisville. It was worth every bit for the knowledge we learned today. We didn't catch as many as we would have liked but the education more than made up for it! We fished a bunch of brush piles and gained more knowledge than my little brain could handle.

This isn't really a fishing report as much as a ringing endorsement of Mr Paty and his teaching! Some of the highlights of the knowledge gained by me:

• reading/interpreting electronics
  • identifying and understanding what you're seeing
  • brush pile placement and tactics for building
  • boat positioning

The first two were the biggest for me. I have to adapt my tactics for my non-fishing boat but I'm building my notes. In the interim, if you're wanting to learn how to use your tools better, then an education trip with Mr Paty is well worth it.

As a side note the bonus from the trip was meeting Crappie Bait (as well as Mr Paty) and made a new friend to go fishing with. The three of us shared a bunch of laughs and had a blast fishing together no matter the number of fish caught! Just another day to enjoy being outdoors and the feeedom to fish!
Posted By: hscoach

Re: School was in session today! - 11/25/15 01:55 AM

Sounds like a great day!
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: School was in session today! - 11/25/15 02:24 AM

Glad that worked out for you.

Re: School was in session today! - 11/25/15 02:44 AM

I would highly recommend a trip with Mr Paty. I learned a lot but maybe it's because I'm not that smart to begin with. hmmm in all seriousness, sharing time on the lake with good company, enjoying the outdoors is where the enjoyment is for me. Catching fish is just a bonus.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: School was in session today! - 11/25/15 02:21 PM

thumb
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: School was in session today! - 11/25/15 02:31 PM

I fished with Ernest years ago on Texoma and that's when I got the confidence in fishing with a jig. He showed me how to work the jig and this gave me (a little) patience while fishing with them. Thanks Ernest.
Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: School was in session today! - 11/25/15 02:33 PM

thumb Learning is a continuous thing!

Re: School was in session today! - 11/26/15 04:11 AM

You'll spend time catching fish on this educational trip too!

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l265/s...85BA311ED94.jpg
Posted By: Mike Ryan

Re: School was in session today! - 11/26/15 01:00 PM

Great screen name,really nice write up about your day with a crappie fishing legend.
Posted By: Crappie Bait

Re: School was in session today! - 11/26/15 03:47 PM

I too had a great time. this was my second trip with Ernest and gained the world of knowledge! I met a new lifetime friend in Terrible Two's and Ernest! Both men are class acts and I would highly recommend anyone wanting to learn to go out with Ernest! We didn't catch as many fish but if I were doing it alone would not have had even close to the day we had! Ernest is truly the Crappie Whisperer!
I was wondering going in to the trip how a toon would fish and now I know, it works great if you know what your doing! Other than learning the things Terrible Two's wrote about I learned about a great hand warmer I'd never heard of and need to get the website from Ernest.
I'd like to thank Terrible Two's for the chance to fish with Ernest again, offering the open seat. Today being Thanksgiving I'm very Thankful for friends like Ernest and Steven! Ernest the offer still stands to fish Newberry and the North End of Texoma and to you as well Steven! Lifetime Friends! Junior aka. Crappiebait.

Re: School was in session today! - 11/26/15 03:48 PM

Well said, TT

Re: School was in session today! - 11/26/15 06:09 PM

We certainly have to make time to go Junior! We can expand and grow our knowledge together further!

Re: School was in session today! - 11/26/15 07:41 PM

Yes Sir
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum