Texas Fishing Forum

What are you waiting for?

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

What are you waiting for? - 11/24/15 12:33 AM

Lewisville: Fall bite is going strong.
Friday, fished brushpiles and had a limit by 11:00 1/4 oz jig head w/2" green/white Rocky top. 15'-18'.

Sat. Cold, windy, fished the dock. Lots of small fish with several big ones now and then. 10' down on any color.

Sunday, calm, very cold and fishing was hot in the dock. Three of us bagged 45 keepers by 10 AM.

Monday, calm, hit the lake again with Pete H. Brushpiles again. 1/4 oz jig head w/2" green/white Rocky top. 15'-18'. Had double limit by 11:00 plus many shorts.

I have a trip scheduled for tomorrow. Hope the wind allows us to fish properly.
Posted By: SK.

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/24/15 01:36 AM

It don't get much better'n that.....
WTG EP....
Posted By: crope1

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/24/15 01:43 AM

wtg Mr. Paty and crew!
Posted By: Mike Ryan

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/24/15 01:58 AM

As always, very nice report. I have been checking out this forum since I first learned about it in March 2004. I was particularly interested in learning more about crappie fishing.

I was immediately struck by how unselfish so many like Mr. Paty were on the forum. By his registration date, he clearly is one of the first members of the TFF. How many times do you think over the years he has answered some of the most basic of questions over and over again to those like me who wanted to learn to become better crappie fisherman?

The national day of thanks is soon upon us, blessings come in many forms. Thanks Mr. Paty for helping me over the years by your sharing what I could not have learned in multiple lifetimes.
thumb
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/24/15 02:54 AM

The creeks are also starting to catch fire from the bank, Mr Paty! Good report, The few times I have been out with Mr. Peck, we have done quite well on that Lake Lewisville puddle.

I am starting to hit em hard at sunset and at night, with a couple more freezes, it will be game on pretty much any time you wander a creek bank. A VERY GOOD winter crappie season shaping up. I am going after em in about an hour and 10 minutes.(creek mouth, in all probability.)

Rudy
Posted By: Thunderbolt

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/24/15 03:10 AM

Ernest, how long will the fall pattern last before they move to a winter pattern? Does it change once it hits a certain water temp or is it mid to late December?

Thanks,
Weston
Posted By: craigo

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/24/15 03:29 PM

I never met Ernest personally but have learned a lot of what I know about Crappie fishing from him and others on here. I ordered crappie 101 from him I think in 2008 and have been hooked ever since. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Ernest answer questions about brush piles, bridges, and shooting docks. A true ambassador of the sport. Thanks Mr. Paty.
Posted By: Jonathan_Zambrano

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/24/15 05:53 PM

Ernest when you say dock are you talking about the barge out there or boat slips? I have been wanting to go check out that barge.

JZ
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/24/15 10:38 PM

Great report Ernest. It's crazy how different lakes produce with different profile baits and colors. Got to have a diverse selection for those goofy fish.

It's a dang shame there is no CAT meeting in Dec as most of us like winter fishing so much and would have plenty to talk about. See ya in January.

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/25/15 12:39 AM

Today's trip (Tuesday) What a difference a day makes. Lots of fish showing on the graph but they didn't want to bite. Wind blew but was manageable. We caught quite a few but wasn't like yesterday. That's fishing. Hopefully they learned enough to be worthwhile.

We have been fishing the boat slips on days that are too windy to go on the lake.

I don't know when the fish will go deep for winter. Usually toward the end of Dec. on Lewisville.
Posted By: hscoach

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/25/15 01:52 AM

Mr Paty are you scheduling trips for next month as well?

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/25/15 03:35 AM

I will schedule a few trips until mid Dec. but will only go if weather and conditions are right for success.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/25/15 04:53 PM

Better weather would be nice.
Posted By: Bud B

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/25/15 10:59 PM

I'm waiting for my back to recover a bit from back surgery. Nice report, Ernest.

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/26/15 01:36 AM

Wed. Guy & I caught 26 keepers at the office by 9:00 AM then they just quit biting. We left. Don't know if they bit later in the day. Will find out tomorrow.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/26/15 01:57 AM

See ya in the morning Ernest. I will bring your Humminbird 360 with me.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/26/15 03:28 AM

Not sure what is meant by better weather, 72 degrees in November is pretty better, can't get much better.
Posted By: Crappie Bait

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/26/15 03:59 PM

Ernest is a class act and a book full of knowledge! He's very unselfish as we all should be! Crappiebait
Originally Posted By: craigo
I never met Ernest personally but have learned a lot of what I know about Crappie fishing from him and others on here. I ordered crappie 101 from him I think in 2008 and have been hooked ever since. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Ernest answer questions about brush piles, bridges, and shooting docks. A true ambassador of the sport. Thanks Mr. Paty.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: What are you waiting for? - 11/26/15 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

See ya in the morning Ernest. I will bring your Humminbird 360 with me.

His eyes were lit up like a kid in a candy store after that seminar. He said he was getting the 360. That was fast.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum