Texas Fishing Forum

Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park?

Posted By: Brocephus

Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/21/15 04:03 PM

Howdy friends!

Taking the boat out for the first time all fall. I know, I know.... I got married in Oct so there was just too much going on. Don't feel too bad for me, I got to fish on my bachelor party and on the honeymoon too!

So, wanting to get some minnows and get after some crappie on Lavon tomorrow. Is the railroad tressel and surrounding timber producing right now? This is why i'm wanting to launch at Lavonia Park. Is there a better area to focus on? I've only fished Lavon one other time and I launched at Tickey Creek and caught only undersized crappie at the timber north of the ramp.

So, if the Tressel area is good, where is the closed / best place to buy some minnows?

thanks for the help guys!

Brocephus
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/21/15 09:04 PM

I think there was a post a while back that mentioned a place on Hwy 78 hmmm

Re: Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/21/15 09:10 PM

I think there was a post a while back that mentioned a place on Hwy 78 hmmmI think it`s Leroy`s bait store

Re: Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/21/15 09:15 PM

Brenda @ Leroys Bait & Tackle
4013 N.Hwy 78
Wylie,Tx
(972) 442-5090

Re: Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/21/15 11:42 PM

Leroys! Perfect! thank you!

I wonder if that is the old Fina station that used to sell bait back in the day?
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/22/15 12:19 AM

I think the Lucas Food Mart still sells minnows. I seldom fish that side of the lake so I am not sure. You can do a google search for them.

Reggie
Posted By: razd611

Re: Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/22/15 01:32 AM

The Clark Gas station at 1950 TX-78, Wylie, TX 75098 Phone:(972) 442-4235 and Leroys as mentioned by fishbonz both sell minnows.

Re: Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/23/15 01:12 AM

Anybody go fishing today? I slept in.... too cold and had a couple too many last night haha
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/23/15 06:15 PM

I fished Lavon on Friday and it was pretty stingy. I started off crappie fishing and it was only producing 7-10" fish, so I switched to black bass and caught a couple and then moved back to crappie fishing. I caught a catfish and left after that huh
Posted By: Desull

Re: Bait shops around Lavon? Specifically Lavonia Park? - 11/23/15 06:39 PM

I fished Lavon yesterday without much to show for it. They had lockjaw and were hard to locate.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum