Texas Fishing Forum

Friday & Saturday on Palestine

Posted By: pepop

Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/15/15 07:34 PM

Went out with Jason Friday morning after his "SOCIAL CALENDAR" suddenly cleared. Started a little after 9 & I was only going to be able to stay till 1. Well, you all saw AJ & crope1's post from Thursday so we had high hopes on Friday. We hit a few spots they missed the day before, then we found the sweet spot. With only a few throwbacks caught, we put 21 nice fish in the box for Jason to resupply his freezer a bit. The majority of fish were fooled by my Grape Limeade with a few falling to the Red Head Karrot & The Guy & 1 of Thermocline's plastic baits that I can't seem to talk Jason out of using! Here are some shots from Friday

Then Saturday comes and I get a chance to go around 11 & take my buddy Gerald. We fished till 3 something and though it was a BEAUTIFUL day and the wind was PERFECT, we seemed to catch more throwbacks. We kept moving and like Friday, we finally found a few keeper fish. I sent Gerald home with an even dozen nice fish. Again, my Grape Limeade was the bait of choice. Here's Saturday's pictures...

Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/15/15 07:43 PM

Really nice Vern. thumb
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/15/15 07:44 PM

WTG Vernon!
Posted By: rbadley

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/15/15 07:45 PM

Will be there for 5 days starting Saturday. Hope to find the crappie? They on brush mainly? Or also on the bridge?
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/15/15 07:50 PM

Good post Vern. Really enjoyed it. Hopefully we can hook up again this week.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/15/15 07:55 PM

Hard work pays off! Good job fellas cheers
Posted By: jpenwell

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/15/15 08:15 PM

thumb Nice post bud. Keep em fired up up for me...
Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/15/15 09:52 PM

Good stuff Vernon! missed you at the G2G.

I need to get you to supply me with some Grape limeades and anything else you like on Palestine. I'll shoot you a PM. We will be coming the Friday after Thanksgiving for the weekend and Monday.
Posted By: randywillfish

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/16/15 04:03 AM

Haven't fished for crappie in a couple of years. I used to go out in summer, anchor up, and toss out floating light and drown minnows.

So I have no idea as to the depth or bait for this time of year. Palestine is 12 miles from my house, and Saturday I saw several boats crappie fishing.

Y'all tell me how to get back into it.

Thanks.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/16/15 04:50 AM

Nice fish. Good job. cheers

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/16/15 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: randywillfish
Haven't fished for crappie in a couple of years. I used to go out in summer, anchor up, and toss out floating light and drown minnows.

So I have no idea as to the depth or bait for this time of year. Palestine is 12 miles from my house, and Saturday I saw several boats crappie fishing.

Thanks.

Probably the easiest way to break back into it would be to go to the big 155 bridge with a handful of jigs (leave the minners at the bait shop), tie a 1/16oz to your line with about 2' of tag end and 1/8oz to the end so the 2 jigs are about 18" to 20" apart. Let out about 15' of line and start moving SLOWLY from column to column. If you think you're going slow enough, cut your speed in half. you should be able to pick up enough for a fish fry. Good Luck!
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/16/15 02:14 PM

Sick Um Vern WTG thumb
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/16/15 03:00 PM

WTG Vern, Jason & Gerald cheers

Gerald came by and we got to talk for a few minutes last week, very nice fellow thumb

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/16/15 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish

Gerald came by and we got to talk for a few minutes last week, very nice fellow thumb

Todd, I'd like to send you a PM if you'd empty your box a bit. Thanks.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/16/15 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: pepop
Originally Posted By: randywillfish

Thanks.

Probably the easiest way to break back into it would be to go to the big 155 bridge with a handful of jigs (leave the minners at the bait shop), tie a 1/16oz to your line with about 2' of tag end and 1/8oz to the end so the 2 jigs are about 18" to 20" apart. Let out about 15' of line and start moving SLOWLY from column to column. If you think you're going slow enough, cut your speed in half. you should be able to pick up enough for a fish fry. Good Luck!

Now that is the way to respond to a request for info. Great reply, pepop. Excellent info right there. Thanks!
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/17/15 01:38 PM

good stuff!
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/17/15 01:56 PM

good job!
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/17/15 02:50 PM

Yee Yee!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Friday & Saturday on Palestine - 11/17/15 02:56 PM

Originally Posted By: pepop
Originally Posted By: tboxfish

Todd, I'd like to send you a PM if you'd empty your box a bit. Thanks.

Deleted a few, need to do some more. I answered your email last night.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum