Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie Fish Attractant

Posted By: cleve

Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/06/15 07:41 PM

What is the best? I see our GTG on fork is jig only so what should I get being I fish with minnows .
Posted By: Jonathan_Zambrano

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/06/15 08:54 PM

I don't know about attractant but I know that when I spray my jigs with Slab Slobber it sure helps get those Crappie that would normally let go keep the jig in their mouth a little longer!

JZ
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/06/15 09:42 PM

Originally Posted By: JZ_Texas_Urban_Anglers
I don't know about attractant but I know that when I spray my jigs with Slab Slobber it sure helps get those Crappie that would normally let go keep the jig in their mouth a little longer!

JZ
thumb

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/06/15 09:56 PM

Ok thanks I will look into the slab slobber.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/06/15 11:11 PM

That and some Thermocline Jig' are a pretty good shot at putting the big ones in the box.

http://www.malcomslabslobber.com/Richards/Home.html

http://www.thermoclinelures.com/wp/

Oh and a good fishfinder helps....

http://www.shut-up-and-fish.com/

Posted By: fe1

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 12:02 AM

Berkiey Chart. Crappie Nibbles.I wont fish without em.I tried Slab Slabber (Shad) and Crappie Nibbles side by side and only the Nibbles caught fish on the Thermocline jigs.I have used them with minnows also. Results may vary depending on lake fished.

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: fe1
Berkiey Chart. Crappie Nibbles.I wont fish without em.I tried Slab Slabber (Shad) and Crappie Nibbles side by side and only the Nibbles caught fish on the Thermocline jigs.I have used them with minnows also. Results may vary depending on lake fished.

Thanks for the reply.
Posted By: sapalmer

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 01:41 AM

WD40

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 01:44 AM

Oh my! WD-40
Posted By: Tom Englert

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 01:54 AM

I have heard the wd 40 trick too. Not enough guts to try it!
Posted By: SlabHappy

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 02:36 AM

I always had the question, nibble or no nibble, does it make a difference? Then, when I started tying jigs, I try them out in my fish tank, trying to get my 8" fish to take them. Then, when I put a nibble on, I couldn't keep them off. When you "jig" the jig, the nibble "puffs" out a little puff of the scent, and it seemed to drive my fish to bite. Now, I use nibbles, just about all the time, unless the bite is really on.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 02:57 AM

I use Berkley crappie nibbles every time I hit the water. The fish will not spit the bait when you have a nibble on the jig.

Reggie
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 08:24 AM

Nibblet will attract a bite on a jig when fish don't really want to bite, but its up to you to time the hook set. tight lines bro tight lines!
Posted By: Ken N Tx

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 11:11 AM

Posted By: sapalmer

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Tom Englert
I have heard the wd 40 trick too. Not enough guts to try it!

I have seen some old timers who spray in on a rag and then use it on their jigs....it does work.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 05:41 PM

I heard that WD40 is mostly fish oil
Posted By: Perchy Perch

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/07/15 07:30 PM

Hmm. I have some expired fish oil gel tablets in the pantry. Maybe I'll give that a try.

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/08/15 01:59 AM

Thanks fellows for all the input here, I just want to be able to at least catch a crappie with jigs.
Posted By: crappiegetter

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/08/15 04:36 AM

Bait fish attractant = http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/10799538/Re:_>>>**#Post10799538
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/08/15 01:45 PM

I used the crappie niblets and even bought a bait pump to inject Midsouth hollow tubes, but it seemed like allot of extra steps.

I then tried Megastrike original flavor and have been using it now for years. It is tube based like toothpaste & has the consistency of Vaseline. Rub a little on the soft plastic and crappie seem to love it, I usually reapply every couple of hours.

Tackle Warehouse carries it.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Megastrike_Fish_Attractant/descpage-MEGAATR.html
Posted By: SlabHappy

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/09/15 01:38 AM

Originally Posted By: cleve
Thanks fellows for all the input here, I just want to be able to at least catch a crappie with jigs.

Bet once you catch a few, you won't mess with minnow again!

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/09/15 01:57 AM

Originally Posted By: SlabHappy
Originally Posted By: cleve

Bet once you catch a few, you won't mess with minnow again!

I have fished with jigs for years just prefer minnows, There's days the jig works well or just one bite like the crappie sence it's not real. When I use live bait if I have 4 doz. minnows I get 4 doz. bites. So I beleave there are scents that some must use that I have never tried.
Posted By: Jonathan_Zambrano

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/09/15 02:52 AM

Forget the minnas and get you some Slab Slobber... it smells like a minna bucket so you're separation anxiety won't be too bad! LOL I have tried the nibbles as well and found that it works but it seems that it caused a lot more little bites (they only nibbled the nibble). The slobber gets that to suck it in and keep it in a bit longer, just enough time to pierce their nose!!!

JZ

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/09/15 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: JZ_Texas_Urban_Anglers
Forget the minnas and get you some Slab Slobber... it smells like a minna bucket so you're separation anxiety won't be too bad! LOL I have tried the nibbles as well and found that it works but it seems that it caused a lot more little bites (they only nibbled the nibble). The slobber gets that to suck it in and keep it in a bit longer, just enough time to pierce their nose!!!

JZ

I will give it a try then, Thanks for your input.
Posted By: The Crappie Queen

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/12/15 04:28 PM

Use Crappie King Cakes and Stimulate the entire school of fish ... not just one. Check them out on facebook The Crappie King.

Re: Crappie Fish Attractant - 11/12/15 05:59 PM

Something funny about that post^ hmmm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum