Texas Fishing Forum

Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest...

Posted By: Duck_Jerky

Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/06/15 02:15 PM

I am thinking about hosting a monthly crappie seminar/roundtable, and wanted to see what kind of interest there was here on the Forum.

Would be an event where everyone can bring a couple topics and we can go around the table discussing them. I'll always have a few extras in case we need them. We can cover anything from lakes to tactics to techniques to line, hooks, weights, knots, gear, boating...you name it. I'll probably have a rod or 2 to give away as well.

Meetings would most likely be hosted here in Kaufman at our school's Board Room on a weeknight...say 6-7:30pm We have all the hookups for laptops, etc.

Just let me know if you are interested...thanks.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/06/15 03:09 PM

Not a bad idea there, Duck...hope it comes together

Good fishin'
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/06/15 03:18 PM

I would attend.
Posted By: Mike Andrews

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/06/15 03:48 PM

Sounds like something I might be interested in...
Posted By: Bigskippy

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/06/15 03:58 PM

If you guys are interested in this, you should join CAT (Crappie Anglers of Texas). We meet in the Carrollton library on the first Tuesday of every month. There is a seminar at every meeting where you learn a lot of stuff. The last one was on creek fishing (Paul O'Bier talked), Spider Rigging (Jay Don Reeve talked), and 2 pole fishing (Mackey Whyte talked). Always informative. And if you can't make the meetings, all the meetings are on the website so you could go back a few years worth of seminars if you wanted to.

It's only $25 for the whole year. And it is well worth it! Good fellowship, good people and a great place to share ideas!

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/06/15 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigskippy
If you guys are interested in this, you should join CAT (Crappie Anglers of Texas). We meet in the Carrollton library on the first Tuesday of every month. There is a seminar at every meeting where you learn a lot of stuff. The last one was on creek fishing (Paul O'Bier talked), Spider Rigging (Jay Don Reeve talked), and 2 pole fishing (Mackey Whyte talked). Always informative. And if you can't make the meetings, all the meetings are on the website so you could go back a few years worth of seminars if you wanted to.

It's only $25 for the whole year. And it is well worth it! Good fellowship, good people and a great place to share ideas!

Yep...I am also a member of CAT...just can not always attend the meetings so figured I'd host something on this side of the metroplex if there was interest.
Posted By: Bud B

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/08/15 06:22 PM

Carrollton is too far away for me, too. I'd be interested in something in Kaufman.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/08/15 10:26 PM

Great idea DJ,wish i could attend.I know whatever would be brought to the table would be good info for someone like myself.Very nice gesture to help out.
Posted By: Matthew Carroll

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/08/15 10:54 PM

I'm In!
Sounds great.
Posted By: Creamlevel Creek Kennels

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/08/15 11:30 PM

I'd be interested also. Just according to which night.

I've been to a couple of these Duck Jerky has had at Kaufman, and really joyed them.

Keith
Posted By: HOOK-EM

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/09/15 12:26 AM

Count me in. Bill
Posted By: fish n fool

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/09/15 12:59 AM

Good idea!!! Dang I wish I was closer.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/09/15 01:11 AM

I'll attend when possible Brian. Maybe your partner will join and give us tips on fishing minnows from an inner tube while being pulled behind the boat. flehan woot

Great idea!
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/09/15 04:35 AM

I would like to attend but both places are too far for me during the week.

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/09/15 07:26 PM

Ok...I'll get my calendar all figured out and set a recurring date/time...or may rotate the days each month so that more people may be able to get together.

Will post back in couple days with schedule for next 4 months.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/10/15 04:48 AM

I'd be in!
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/28/15 07:13 PM

Any updates Brian? December would be a great time to meet. There are so many topics to talk about but must importantly all this water. It's going to make for some fantastic opportunities to fish out of the norm which would make a great discussion.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/29/15 01:40 AM

Im to far as well, but am interested in any and all education I can get.How do I join up wit CAT? id pay the fee just to be able to watch the classes and seminars....this creek fishing is new to me,would like to learn more.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/29/15 10:47 AM

go to crappieanglersoftexas.com
Originally Posted By: TroyKing
Im to far as well, but am interested in any and all education I can get.How do I join up wit CAT? id pay the fee just to be able to watch the classes and seminars....this creek fishing is new to me,would like to learn more.
Posted By: Eric

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/30/15 04:42 PM

I went to a few he had awhile back and would attend any more in the future.

Re: Monthly Seminar/Roundtable Interest... - 11/30/15 09:58 PM

Sorry for the delay...been in and out the past 2 weeks. I'll get on my calendar this evening and set us up a date/time.

Thanks!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum