Texas Fishing Forum

Trip to the home lake

Posted By: TexExp

Trip to the home lake - 11/01/15 09:06 PM

Can only go fishing on Saturdays usually, so gotta make the most of it, no matter the weather. Planning to go all week and then had to play it by ear right up until 6 am Saturday with all the rain, lightning and storms. Wanted to stay close just in case, so we hit our home lake. We call her "Lady Lavon" or just "The Lady".

From this radar pict early Saturday morning, it looked like it would end suddenly, so took a chance and met Mike and Glen at the ramp around 7:30.
So nice when it is calm, kinda balmy... and no one on the lake! cool
(Glen is there ready to go) lol

Started out pretty good. Caught two while 2-poling. BES and a stump bug. cheers

thermocline jigs are equal opportunity crappie catchers - Blacks & Whites! Yeah buddy.

We caught about 5 or 6 and Mike finally said "OK, give me some of your jigs." cool
We caught some on BES and others, but Copperhead Blue was the big producer. Mike dropped one down and immediately, boom! Pretty convincing. lol
With the overcast skies I wanted to try a darker profile bait. Most came around 15' on brush and timber.

They were hitting pretty good off and on... as we tried a lot of spots. Caught a few good ones and had a good mess for a fish fry or crappie cakes lata. lol

(My hat has seen better days...) eek

Big girl came on BES.

Great day, good times, great friends...
That's what its all about.
Good fishing!

Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/01/15 09:20 PM

Well done! I thought about it since all soccer games were cancelled. Nice pics!!

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/01/15 09:25 PM

thanks!
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/01/15 09:48 PM

Tim, you need to call Belinda or Lane.

The Lady loves Purple! If you don't believe me just ask Wylie. Lane's bait was top secrete on Lavon for years. Now Belinda has the PP and its a toad loader also!

Nice fish! I prefer to fish in the rain like you.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/01/15 11:51 PM

You guys did good. Good fish Tim.

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/02/15 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: SheCrappieKilla
Tim, you need to call Belinda or Lane.

The Lady loves Purple! If you don't believe me just ask Wylie. Lane's bait was top secrete on Lavon for years. Now Belinda has the PP and its a toad loader also!

Nice fish! I prefer to fish in the rain like you.

Thanks!
Yep, I've used Lane's blazin' raisin. I think the LL record white came off it with WCM guiding.
Looking forward to some Mr. Fry's and Slab Bugs in Purple Passion! I think Todd & Belinda are having a tough time keeping up with demand. cool Small mom & pop operation, but a good problem to have! Bagger Vance will have to keep bagging. LOL
I also caught some on a super fry on a 1/16th head in Copperhead Blue. I wanted the larger profile bait, with the slower fall of the lighter jig head. Big bait looks funny on the tiny jig head, but works! cool

Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/02/15 01:53 AM

Trust me. Get the Super Fry! Enough said.

They been killing it!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/02/15 03:00 AM

I love The Lady
Posted By: Bigskippy

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/02/15 03:03 AM

I like not having 100 boats on the lake. I guess the rain scared everybody off. It was nice to know that somebody wouldn't be on the next spot we were going to. And the fish biting is always a good thing!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/02/15 03:08 AM

Nice slabs and a super post. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/02/15 10:22 AM

thumb

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/02/15 11:50 AM

thank you, thank you...

Good times!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Trip to the home lake - 11/03/15 05:28 PM