Texas Fishing Forum

Next Project @ NM

Posted By: Keith Speer

Next Project @ NM - 10/29/15 04:04 PM

Don't know what to call it other than an "idea" (good or bad). Not to put condos or brush piles in the lake but "Lay Downs".
Use a limb that is 6" - 10" in dia. then branches at the top. Structure will be long but 3' max. high.
Locate them in 8' - 10' of water.

Only problem the Corp. of Engineers will not allow any structure to be put in to the lake at this time.... Alton said maybe next year (which is around the corner). So maybe in Jan. that will take place.

Will be lost of work but..... "work = lots of crappie". Just Saying.......
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Next Project @ NM - 10/29/15 05:48 PM

Sounds like a great plan! thumb
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Next Project @ NM - 10/29/15 06:24 PM

What the Corps don't know, the Corps don't know. wink

BTW - there is plenty that the LL Corps don't know. peep
Posted By: snowyriver6

Re: Next Project @ NM - 10/30/15 04:53 AM

What happens at the corp ......stays at the corp
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Next Project @ NM - 10/30/15 12:09 PM

It will work fer sure. I used to go out after a big rise and look for trees floating in the lake. Attach a couple of buckets full of concrete to hold um in place till the sank. They last a long time...
Posted By: Creamlevel Creek Kennels

Re: Next Project @ NM - 10/30/15 02:42 PM

My brother and I made something similar out of bambo. We made 5 ( what we call "Boo Logs") which are 10 pieces of boo (16' to 18' long) tied in a bundle. We face 5 pieces each way, which gives us about a 10" diameter in the middle, with the limbs of the boo being on each end. We tied it on top of 2 buckets of cement, where the log sets right on top of buckets. Did not tie them to the buckets until we were ready to put the in the water. We could only take 2 at a time, and it was a boat load, seeing how my boat was only 17.5'.

These were just starting to be productive, when Health Issues has kept me off the water. We put them out and marked them in my boat. My brother has only been able to locate 3 of them, unless he takes my boat. Boo is hard to find, even with side or down scan.

With them being 16' - 18' long, we made them run from shallow to deep. One end will be in 12' of water, and the other might extend to 20'. This allows us to fish them from Spring thru most of the Summer and into Fall. Have just got a good report from the Dr, and hope to be back on the water soon. The 3 my brother can find have been productive for him. We are probably going to this type of condo, due to it covering a variety of water levels.
Posted By: Keith Speer

Re: Next Project @ NM - 10/30/15 10:18 PM

Boo Logs..... very good idea.....
Thanks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum