Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie guide Roberts

Posted By: Saintsman65

Crappie guide Roberts - 10/27/15 02:24 AM

Any advice on a good "teaching" crappie guide at Ray Roberts would be appreciated. Looking to gain more knowledge of the lake, techniques, etc... more so than just catching fish for the day.
Thanks,
Bradley.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Crappie guide Roberts - 10/27/15 03:21 AM

welcome to the forum! hopefully some of them will chime in....
Posted By: B-Deuces

Re: Crappie guide Roberts - 10/27/15 03:27 AM

Can't go wrong with Cody tucker. Good guy all around. 940-230-1901
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Crappie guide Roberts - 10/27/15 03:42 AM

Chris Waters knows RR well
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Crappie guide Roberts - 10/27/15 11:53 AM

Paul O'bier, Cody Stanifer, Chris Waters, Cody Tucker...all good guys and good teachers...can't go wrong with any of them..

Good fishin'
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Crappie guide Roberts - 10/27/15 12:06 PM

Can't go wrong with Dannie Golden. You will see his name a lot in the bass fishing section as the best bass guide on that lake but he does crappie as well. Great equipment and a real nice boat. I have been out with him several times bass fishing looking for instruction and he delivered exactly what I was wanting. Hard to think he wouldn't do the same for crappie as well.

(817) 228-5999 Cell
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Crappie guide Roberts - 10/27/15 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: fishinman
Paul O'bier, Cody Stanifer, Chris Waters, Cody Tucker...all good guys and good teachers...can't go wrong with any of them..

Good fishin'

This is a great list and I'd also add Cliff Spindle at spindleguideservice.com to the list. Cliff doesn't post anymore but is a great teacher and has fished that lake for 40 years.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Crappie guide Roberts - 10/27/15 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76
Originally Posted By: fishinman

Good fishin'

This is a great list and I'd also add Cliff Spindle at spindleguideservice.com to the list. Cliff doesn't post anymore but is a great teacher and has fished that lake for 40 years.
I agree with all these choices. Cliff taught me a lot when I first started. He has educational trips in early Spring too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum