Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Sunday?

Posted By: J_Howell

Fishing Sunday? - 10/25/15 03:40 AM

Anyone going to try and fish tomorrow? How do you think it will be? What colors do you typically use in stained water?
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/25/15 08:36 AM

I'm going to Ray Roberts and give it a shot. Wind is the enemy and minnows will be my friend. I will be fishing at new areas away from less wind. It will be a challenge and it will be fun regardless I catch or not. Will report back sometime today.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/25/15 10:48 AM

yep going to GV today if it dont storm!
Posted By: ou.sooner

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/25/15 05:48 PM

Sitting at Grapevine right now. Don't feel like battling the wind so just hanging in the slip. Couple of cats so far.

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/25/15 05:49 PM

FYI - the rain wrecked the water clarity.

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/25/15 08:55 PM

yes it did...went there this morning.water was almost muddy!!! ok another week for it to clear up and they will be bitting again.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/25/15 09:30 PM

Went out for a while at 11:00am. Caught 3 keepers. Wind was brutal.
Posted By: Steve_C

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/25/15 10:06 PM

Originally Posted By: ou.sooner
Sitting at Grapevine right now. Don't feel like battling the wind so just hanging in the slip. Couple of cats so far.

I was at GV this morning too and caught nothing but dinks...... my friend caught 3 keepers using minnows.....
Which marina do you fish at?
Posted By: Fab

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/26/15 12:33 AM

A buddy of mine and I tried at Lake Lewisville and we got the skunk.

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/26/15 01:57 AM

I went to lewisville I fished a bridge and did pretty well! I brought home 6 or 7, one of them is a hog. I will post pictures of them shortly. I caught them off minnows and jigs from 10AM to sun down. Caught 3 catfish that were keepers, but threw them back. I do not have pictures of these and one nice sand bass that I threw back.

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/26/15 02:07 AM

actually I brought home 8 ha!
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/26/15 02:27 AM

Rick and I fished Lewisville from 8:30 till 2: PM. Wind was tough couldn't fish the good stuff. Caught a lot of small fish, probably 50-60 but only 8 keepers. Thankfully tomorrows trip postponed until Wed.

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/26/15 11:51 AM

Twin Coves
Originally Posted By: Steve_C

I was at GV this morning too and caught nothing but dinks...... my friend caught 3 keepers using minnows.....
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/26/15 11:58 AM

I fished Ray Roberts from 9am to 1pm. Wind did made it tough. Couldn't fished my usual spots off to the trees. Ended with 23 keepers and 6 undersized. All caught with minnows from to 10 to 18 feet.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/26/15 12:34 PM

Fished Lewisville yesterday and caught 40-50 and kept four for Joe's dinner.

Best fish.

Bunch of these guys.

Had a good time Joe. We'll have to do it again.

Re: Fishing Sunday? - 10/26/15 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve_C

Twin Coves, what about you?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum