Texas Fishing Forum

Couldn't do it!

Posted By: RODS454

Couldn't do it! - 10/24/15 10:51 PM

I just couldn't stay home today. I got some stick guard weed guard thingys from BassPro last week and just had to try them. I've been losing to many jigs in the brush and had to try something. I must say the results were outstanding. Didn't lose a single jig, and all the fish came out of the brush. I mean down in the brush. I could feel it bumping around. These thing are awesome. Now I need to find some that aren't so expensive. I sent BoneHead Tackle a message but haven't heard anything from them. They were rumored to have these in the past. Anyway the rain didn't affect the fish today. Kept 11 from about 1:30 to 3:30.

Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/24/15 11:08 PM

Nice job!
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/25/15 12:18 AM

I use these, 1/16th with a #2 hook, rarely get hung up in bamboo.

Paul Mullins makes them for me. He can do most weights with your choice of hook.

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/25/15 12:48 AM

Can you post his contact info?
Thanks
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/25/15 01:15 AM

Paul's email address is baitmaker2000@hotmail.com
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/25/15 02:19 AM

Nice haul! Good job. cheers
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/25/15 09:14 PM

I ordered some from Simply Crappie few weeks ago, didn't really check prices, trimmed the guard back and fish two jigs for 6 hours, came home with same two jigs. My partner for the day lost at least 15 jigs. Bad side that I haven't got to study yet, he did out catch me, slow bite that day so I'm not blaming the weedguard yet.

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/25/15 09:28 PM

Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/25/15 09:47 PM

I ordered some from Simply Crappie few weeks ago, didn't really check prices, trimmed the guard back and fish two jigs for 6 hours, came home with same two jigs. My partner for the day lost at least 15 jigs. Bad side that I haven't got to study yet, he did out catch me, slow bite that day so I'm not blaming the weedguard yet.
Posted By: FisherRick

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/26/15 08:28 PM

RODS454, did you find those fish at Bardwell? I noticed you've been posting about fishing there lately. I haven't been on a boat on Bardwell yet but I've done alright at the hi view marina from time to time.

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/26/15 10:11 PM

Yes sir, all fish came from Bardwell. Been doing pretty good out on the lake, for a newbie to crappie fishing.
Posted By: lead head

Re: Couldn't do it! - 10/26/15 10:59 PM

I've been using Stick Guards for years. I fish my jigs just like a Texas rigged worm. I drop it right in the middle of a brush pile a let it go all the way to the bottom. I catch fish behind people a lot. Its been a well kept secret for a long time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum