Texas Fishing Forum

The flood took it's toll.

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

The flood took it's toll. - 10/20/15 02:37 PM

I spent several hours yesterday afternoon checking my old brushpile locations and found a lot of them missing. Some were just totally gone or moved so far that I couldn't find them. Others were close by but definitely moved. Some were either moved a long way or I was finding things I didn't know about. I think maybe the old ropes break or come loose sometimes and the wood drifts away. Only the fish know.

Some of the older ones had big schools of bait and fish holding right on them but I couldn't see or feel any brush there. Maybe they sunk into the silt but the fish could still sense them like fish will hold over an old creek channel even after it is silted completely level with the surrounding area.

Thankfully a lot of them are still there.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: The flood took it's toll. - 10/20/15 08:43 PM

Yeah, I found one that I had built had moved 40 feet closer to the water discharge station on the dam. And if my back remembers correctly, it was a heavy bucket of concrete!!!!
Posted By: crappieScout Calvin

Re: The flood took it's toll. - 10/21/15 12:37 AM

Thanks for sharing Ernest. I kinda thought that happened to me, but wasn't sure. I thought I was crazy because I can't find a couple of brush piles I found last year on Lake Graham. They were good ones too. Oh well.... now, I don't feel so bad.

fish,
Calvin
Posted By: Pope1

Re: The flood took it's toll. - 10/21/15 02:19 AM

The drought took its tool on me as well. I think the Corp or Sheriff's office removed some of my crappie condos. They were missing from Lavon last weekend. Same was true for Lake Arlington. The lake was so low that they saw them I guess. I had some serious PVC condos.
Posted By: kickingback

Re: The flood took it's toll. - 10/21/15 03:41 PM

Hey, does this mean someone can get a refund on your spots? LOL just kidding...

Sorry to hear. Glad some are still there. My piles on Somerville have all moved as well. The current gets hard when the water gets high. I'm gonna need a bigger boat to drop a concrete slab that wont move...lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum