Texas Fishing Forum

buoy markers

Posted By: TeamFalcon

buoy markers - 10/16/15 03:58 PM

hey guys, just an FYI. Theres a guy named Dave Hogge that has been making buoy markers that reel up with a hand held screwdriver(if you went to youtube and searched waypoint markers you could probably see them in action). I think these things are neat. Anyway, apparently he has closed down the website and is selling what he has at cost. I don't know they guy personally and have no vested interest in this whatsoever. I can tell you that he told me he'd sell the screwdriver and two markers for $12 OR two markers for $7, plus $8 shipping up to 4 sets shipped together. He's Dragmaster on this forum. I told him I might let the crappie guys know and he said that was fine.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: buoy markers - 10/16/15 05:19 PM

Todd Box has a set of them that I saw him use when I fished with him. Nice feature but I still just real them in manually.

Maybe I should get a set...
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: buoy markers - 10/16/15 06:20 PM

Yeah, it sucks reeling them in in 40 and 50 foot deep water.
Posted By: txtider

Re: buoy markers - 10/16/15 09:59 PM

Best bouy I've used seems to unwind much faster than academy bass pro etc . Shecrappiekilla is dead on when winding them up from the deep. Friend uses a regular drill you want to talk about fast !
Posted By: dragmaster

Re: buoy markers - 10/18/15 10:14 PM

thanks txtider, I agree with the regular drill, just be careful when it comes out of the water, I once got hit in the head with the weight and it did hurt...lol
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: buoy markers - 10/19/15 12:07 PM

I use mine when the water is cold. Just have to keep extra batteries in the boat!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: buoy markers - 10/19/15 03:00 PM

I bought a rechargeable screwdriver from Black & Decker that I bring in and charge once a month.
I love my waypoint markers!!!!
The easier I make fishing, the longer I can fish....
Not to mention that SHE doesn't mind using them while I do other things to get ready to relocate

Re: buoy markers - 10/20/15 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger-188-2007
I use mine when the water is cold. Just have to keep extra batteries in the boat!

That is exactly why I designed these markers, my hands were frozen in the winter bring in buoys out of 50 foot in 40's air temperature.
Posted By: crope1

Re: buoy markers - 10/20/15 09:10 AM

welcome to the forum and thx for the info!
Originally Posted By: TeamFalcon
hey guys, just an FYI. Theres a guy named Dave Hogge that has been making buoy markers that reel up with a hand held screwdriver(if you went to youtube and searched waypoint markers you could probably see them in action). I think these things are neat. Anyway, apparently he has closed down the website and is selling what he has at cost. I don't know they guy personally and have no vested interest in this whatsoever. I can tell you that he told me he'd sell the screwdriver and two markers for $12 OR two markers for $7, plus $8 shipping up to 4 sets shipped together. He's Dragmaster on this forum. I told him I might let the crappie guys know and he said that was fine.

Re: buoy markers - 10/21/15 07:37 PM

Originally Posted By: txtider
Best bouy I've used seems to unwind much faster than academy bass pro etc . Shecrappiekilla is dead on when winding them up from the deep. Friend uses a regular drill you want to talk about fast !

I designed them to unwind faster with the v shape rather than the H shape, also guides the line back on the marker easier.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum