Texas Fishing Forum

Weekend at the Villages at Palestine

Posted By: Wylie Crappieman

Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/15/15 07:48 PM

My wife and I are staying at the Villages this weekend. I've never been on that lake. I will be taking my tube down there. Any info on that marina and whether I may catch a fish or two up in there?
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/15/15 08:16 PM

noidea
popcorn
There is a dock or 2 and the slips inside their little lagoon, but I don't know if any crappie will be there are not
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/15/15 08:54 PM

Their is plenty of submerged timber just outside of the marina but it may be tough in a tube to get to....
Posted By: pepop

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/15/15 09:37 PM

From a tube your best bet may be to drive to Coffee City (maybe 10-12 miles)and fish around the 2 bridges in the Ledbetter Creek area. I think you can park along side Hwy 155 and walk down to the water. If not, you can pay $2 and park in the Lake Palestine Motel Launch Ramp parking area right at the waters edge. There are usually some crappie hanging around those bridges. You could also drive towards Chandler and park on the public ramp lot at Flat Creek and fish that LONG bridge.
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/15/15 10:34 PM

Like Vern said, fish the bridges at ledbetter.

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/15/15 10:41 PM

Thanks guys. We have had these timeshares forever and never got down there. I work so much now I haven't really fished in a couple of years now.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/16/15 12:15 AM

I fished that marina once, way back in the day, and only caught black bass, couple gooduns, and some dinks.
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/16/15 12:19 AM

Just there this past weekend I fished those boat slips at night and did not get one bite but was only using jigs I don't know if minnows would work.

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/16/15 01:10 AM

Yeah, I won't be using minnows. I'll fish with Jigs. This really isn't a fishing trip. This time. hmmm
I'm gonna go over to the bridge and probably fish from daylight till 10 or so. If I catch fish I do, if not, I will have given it a look.
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/16/15 01:38 AM

Hey bud, I fished the bridges this morning and did well. Those fish are holding about 11' down. Good luck and don't get run over under there.
Posted By: Aquiles

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/16/15 02:03 AM

Now on the other had it's a beautiful area to walk around , nice breezes from the lake the leaves are all in their fall colors and you can spot dear if you wake up early. Well worth it even if you don't catch a thing.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Weekend at the Villages at Palestine - 10/16/15 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service
Hey bud, I fished the bridges this morning and did well. Those fish are holding about 11' down. Good luck and don't get run over under there.

thumb thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum