Texas Fishing Forum

Friday Coldfront ???

Posted By: FISH_JUNKY

Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/14/15 11:11 PM

I read the Grapevine post and some replies suggested the weather has shut the biggns or keepers down. What do you all think about fishn after the cold front comes through Friday and Saturdays weather will be cooler and the wind out of the NE. Will the cooler weather trigger a frenzy bite?? Any insite from the well tuned and Pro Fisherman welcomed. Listening is learning and I'm still learning. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/14/15 11:26 PM

Always check the wind, and wind speed and plan the trip by it. you can try to stay where its not as bad are use heavy jigs. Its just a guess, and I have been crappie fishing over 50 years and I am still learning,
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 12:14 AM

Last weekend cold front moved in and they were biting crazy even when the wind changed from north to south. Go and enjoy the time on the water. We kept 38 crappies last Saturday. To me cold front didn't affect them at all. It'll be fun and time we'll spent. Looked like wind is around 5 to 10 mph this weekend. It'll be perfect on the water. Good luck and be safe.
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 04:48 AM

more cold more meat !
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 11:41 AM

The front will help for sure. Fronts are constant reminders that winter is coming and that they need to feed up. The fish at Grapevine have been pretty skinny so they still have alot of feeding to do before winter arrives.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 01:55 PM

I like to fish before or during the front. The next day I'll usually pass. After that the afternoon bite will return first and eventually they will get past it.

To me crappie are more sensitive to weather changes than bass.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 04:39 PM

This time of year, I love the cold fronts. Almost without fail, it will make crappie fishing better. Crappie are still deep enough that the pressure drop/rise doesn't affect them that much. Now the Spring time is a whole different story. Spring + cold front = no crappie.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 04:45 PM

Coudn't agree more Guy!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 05:10 PM

Just checked the forecast here, wind is gonna keep us off the water till maybe Sunday bang
Probably a good thing tho, I could use some down time thumb
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 06:34 PM

This will be the third "cold front" that will drop the high temps about 7 degrees from 93 to 86. Better get the long johns and heavy parka out Sat morning cause it might snow. roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Daniel Mtanous

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 07:10 PM

burrrr I think I might wear 2 pairs of socks.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Friday Coldfront ??? - 10/15/15 08:13 PM

Think you guys are all right, but this time of year watch the low temp and how long it stays there. The crappie does not move to differ places because its better. They stay just be hind the shad and they are the ones who move because of the temp and their food. But from now till this time next year you can go on the lake with 10 mph wind on land out of the south, and the lake wind will be 20 mph out of the north. Always have a plan for what you get.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum