Texas Fishing Forum

Waypoint data transfer...Help Please

Posted By: Blueprint

Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/10/15 06:35 PM

First off I must let everyone know this is all the Waco Kid's fault. If it wasn't for him (he happens to be my brother, but don't let anyone know I do claim him every once in a while) I would not have acquired a boat, went shopping for depth/GPS equipment, could not get the Hummingbird he suggested and ended up with a Lowrance HDS-7 Gen2 Touch.
Here's where the request for help comes in.... Waco Kid has graciously given me a copy of his Hummingbird 899 waypoint data and my Lowrance does not recognize it.

Anyone have any productive advise?

I am beginning to research if there are any options on his export format and what data type the Lowrance uses. I have a good bit of experience with the various data types, mapping software ect. from my use of basecamp, Harley planner and my bikes nav system. HD didn't make it easy either...
Thanks in advance......
Posted By: jpenwell

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/10/15 07:19 PM

this might help: http://www.humminbird.com/Category/Support/FAQ/ConvertingWaypoints/ welcome
Posted By: Rook1436

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/10/15 07:24 PM

Send the data to me and I will convert it for you free of charge!!! dance2
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/10/15 07:32 PM

I`m not sure but I think they have to be converted to another format to be read by your Lowrance HDS.I received some coordinates from a fellow TFFer that came in several different and had to use a specific format to get my Lowrance Gen2 unit to recognize them.Maybe someone else will chime in on this topic.
Posted By: Waco Kid

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/10/15 08:28 PM

Welcome to the forum bro. Don't let these guys trick you into giving away my spots.

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/10/15 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Rook1436
Send the data to me and I will convert it for you free of charge!!! dance2

Sorry Rook this data like an NFL broadcast can't be reproduced or transferred without written consent of it's owner.
Posted By: Ken Hathcock

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/10/15 08:35 PM

Same issue, or was. Go to GPS Visualizer. Then it will help one format talk to the other.
Another site is GPS babble

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/10/15 08:36 PM

Originally Posted By: waco kid
Welcome to the forum bro. Don't let these guys trick you into giving away my spots.

Roger that thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/11/15 05:40 PM

welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: Ken Hathcock
Same issue, or was. Go to GPS Visualizer. Then it will help one format talk to the other.
Another site is GPS babble
Posted By: crope1

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/11/15 05:41 PM

welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: dsfritz
First off I must let everyone know this is all the Waco Kid's fault. If it wasn't for him (he happens to be my brother, but don't let anyone know I do claim him every once in a while) I would not have acquired a boat, went shopping for depth/GPS equipment, could not get the Hummingbird he suggested and ended up with a Lowrance HDS-7 Gen2 Touch.
Here's where the request for help comes in.... Waco Kid has graciously given me a copy of his Hummingbird 899 waypoint data and my Lowrance does not recognize it.

Anyone have any productive advise?

I am beginning to research if there are any options on his export format and what data type the Lowrance uses. I have a good bit of experience with the various data types, mapping software ect. from my use of basecamp, Harley planner and my bikes nav system. HD didn't make it easy either...
Thanks in advance......
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/11/15 06:21 PM

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/gpsbabel/gpsbabel_convert
You can convert files here very easily.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/12/15 11:51 AM

Use the advise (link) that Ernest gave you. It'll work....but the easy way is to own a Humminbird Onix. When I changed from Lowrance to the Onix I was concerned about that also until David (Shut-Up-And-Fish) told me to put the card in the Onix that contained all my Lowrance waypoints, and it would automatically convert them. I didn't really think that was possible until I inserted the card...and three seconds later, they were installed. Never thought I'd see that miracle of modern technology. thumb

Re: Waypoint data transfer...Help Please - 10/12/15 04:10 PM

Thank you all for the advise. I downloaded GPSBable, ran the conversion to Lowrance and once I figured out that my Lowrance would not read a 64gig card all went well. Made it out to Trading House yesterday with waco kid and he got us on some nice ones...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum