Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine may be picking up a little

Posted By: pepop

Palestine may be picking up a little - 10/09/15 03:03 AM

Me & Jerry went out for a while today and for the first 3 hours it was 1 here, 1 there and no real size to them. We were a little frustrated so we resorted to some concrete bridge pilings. We were pitching a 1/16oz or 1/24oz White Lightening jig's out on 12' of line over 22 fow and let it settle to straight down. If no bite by then it was dead stick for 15-20 seconds then a 6" jump. Almost without exception we would get bit as the jig hit the top of the jump or just as it started back down. We didn't keep any so it's just a guess but I'm pretty sure we caught a double limit with less than a dozen unders. No big fish, though I lost a 2#+ trying to lift it in with the line instead of the rod. GRRR!! Most were solid 11 1/2" to 12 1/2" fish. It was a fun day on the water.

Pepop's Lake Palestine Jig's are Truly Multi Species Jig's! This was just 1 of at least 6 doubles!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Palestine may be picking up a little - 10/09/15 03:38 AM

wtg guys!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Palestine may be picking up a little - 10/09/15 03:42 AM

wtg guys!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Palestine may be picking up a little - 10/09/15 04:24 AM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Palestine may be picking up a little - 10/09/15 04:40 AM

WTG fellas cheers...next time can I give yall my kooler with ice hmmm roflmao
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Palestine may be picking up a little - 10/09/15 06:04 AM

Awesome job guys....I need to get back on that lake soon...
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Palestine may be picking up a little - 10/09/15 01:28 PM

Congrats on a Fun Day, the crappie never knew what hit them. Fall is here and the time to catch fish before it suddenly changes to winter. The wind was definitely your friend out there yesterday.

I have finally learned to net those big fish after loosing way to many be trying to lift them over the side of the boat with the line.

Those jigs look like Killers, in fairly clear water.
Posted By: Laner

Re: Palestine may be picking up a little - 10/09/15 02:35 PM

That sparkly jig is good looking pepop. Glad to see the fish are biting brother!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum