Texas Fishing Forum

AT first glance

Posted By: Rook1436

AT first glance - 10/01/15 03:12 PM

To all you graph guru's, can you tell me what you see in this image and would you stop to fish it. I'm still learning and can definitely use the advise. Thanks. fish
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: AT first glance - 10/01/15 03:18 PM

Two trees. One vertical and one that's fallen over. Yes I'd fish it. They are both holding fish in this picture! Not loaded but there are some there and may be a couple big ones. Go back over it in down scan to check again and get a better picture.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: AT first glance - 10/01/15 03:20 PM

You passed a tree that was on the right side of your boat. It was a fairly large tree by the shadow it cast. There were fish on it as noted by the little white dots as well as the small groups of fish that were just above the limbs.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: AT first glance - 10/01/15 03:29 PM

Added these notes for you. I didn't circle all the fish but should give you an idea of what you are looking for.

Re: AT first glance - 10/01/15 03:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76
Two trees. One vertical and one that's fallen over. Yes I'd fish it. They are both holding fish in this picture! Not loaded but there are some there and may be a couple big ones. Go back over it in down scan to check again and get a better picture.

Thanks Stucky, I will do the downscan when I go back out it the fish are still there. I caught one nice slab there and nothing else bit afterwards.

Re: AT first glance - 10/01/15 03:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
Added these notes for you. I didn't circle all the fish but should give you an idea of what you are looking for.

Thanks Ron, I appreciate your input on this and will add to my learning curve.
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: AT first glance - 10/01/15 04:47 PM

I see either two trees, or one tree with two main trunks. But from what I see, both trees are standing and not fallen over, so indicated by the shadow of both (trees laying down don't cast shadows any further than the height of the trunk). I also see fish holding half way down both trunks (approx 8-12') with assorted bait fish in the area. And oh yeah....you almost ran over the tree, barely missing it to your right side.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: AT first glance - 10/01/15 06:15 PM

I would`ve given it a look just to see what all those dots were about and fish all sides of it. Man you sure were cutting it close.Hope you were on your T motor and not your big one.Like Crappie G said looks like that tree wasn't too far from the surface by a few ft.Great image!! thumb
Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: AT first glance - 10/01/15 06:28 PM

Ha! Gimmie those coordinates and I'll fish it for ya and let you know! peep
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: AT first glance - 10/01/15 11:04 PM

Nice pics Mike. This your new toy? I'm ready to go catch some; finally got back from our Calif trip.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: AT first glance - 10/02/15 01:58 AM

You found the type tree that will hold bigger fish. Definitely fish this tree even if you don't see the dots. Big fish sometimes hold close to the limbs and don't show up. Also, you need to work this tree carefully since it has several big limbs. Working the jig as close as you can to each limb. Lower the jig past the limb and move the line sideways slowly till you feel the limb. Raise the line till the jig comes over the limb to determine depth and fish just under the limbs. And be ready for a bite at any time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum