Texas Fishing Forum

HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one?

Posted By: ERNEST PATY

HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one? - 09/28/15 02:31 AM

HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one? Curious if they work.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one? - 09/28/15 03:45 AM

Jeff Schwiterman has one. I forget his TFF handle.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one? - 09/28/15 10:54 AM

Had one on a bass boat once. Save you money for more bait and fishing line. wink
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one? - 09/28/15 11:06 AM

Ernest, It can be beneficial at the right place at the right time. Do not think that by turning it on that you will catch fish. You need to learn what it does and when to use it to see results.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one? - 09/28/15 12:06 PM

Geez..Ernest with side imaging and a Hydrowave?

Will there be any left for the rest of us?

Gman
Posted By: el Rojo

Re: HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one? - 09/28/15 12:31 PM

I tried one and it didn't seem to make any difference. It was a New Years weekend on Palestine.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one? - 09/28/15 12:33 PM

Lol....I installed one on my boat last week and have only been out with it once. It did seem that the longer I stayed on a top that the bite continued steady, when I could tell from the side imaging there weren't many crappie there to begin with.

I set it on passive shad and probably 30% of the volume.

It will mask the sound of the trolling motor, boat noise, and depth finder pinging for sure. Will let you know more as I experiment with it.
Posted By: Ohio FF Jeff

Re: HydroWave ?? Anyone have any experience with one? - 09/28/15 05:52 PM

I've used one for about 3 years now and have definitely increased my catch under the right circumstances. It is NOT a solution that you turn it on and they will come. I use it to mask boat noises in shallow water, to mimic bait balls when trolling and to trigger another few bites after a spot has gone cold. Like any other fishing electronics, you will need to experiment with it until you determine how to use it well. Jeff
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum