Texas Fishing Forum

CAT Sportsman of the Year

Posted By: Ken Gaby

CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/14/15 05:25 PM

Each year CAT awards the Sportsman of the Year to an individual who gives back to the sport and helps others. This year the award went to Bill Muntz. Bill has given his time and talent to the Junior Angler Program with mounts of winning fish and to CAT winners with mounts. Bill also takes numerous pictures at the events as y'all have seen. A very deserving individual. Congratulations to Bill Muntz from Max Jordan, myself, Bob and Velma McAffrey, Bryan Tullius and Gerald Skidmore.

This year CAT added a "TOP CAT" award for an individual who has given his time and money in support of crappie fishing in Texas. The award went to Alec Dyer. Alec has generously donated to Crappie Fest each year and given much of his time never asking or desiring anything in return. Alec has done a great deal to further crappie fishing in the Lone Star State. A truly unselfish individual. Congratulations and well deserved Alec.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/14/15 05:32 PM

Great choice!! Good guys, too!
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/14/15 05:44 PM

Congrats Bill and Alec on your contributions to the club. Both are very much deserving of these awards.

CW
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/14/15 06:11 PM

Congrats to Bill & Alec thumb
I appreciate the effort y'all have put into making CAT a great organization clap
Looking forward to next year cheers
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/14/15 06:48 PM

Congrats ya'll!! Very cool! Little man's hot there's no tourney's till January! He said to hurry up and put out the schedule so he can get to prefishin!! roflmao
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/14/15 10:33 PM

Two very deserving guys! Thanks for all you've contributed Bill & Alec!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/14/15 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris H2Os
Congrats Bill and Alec on your contributions to the club. Both are very much deserving of these awards.

CW
cheers
Posted By: cellis

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/15/15 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
Originally Posted By: Chris H2Os

CW
cheers

Great choices. Thanks for all y'all have done.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/15/15 02:48 AM

Well deserved to both of you. Thanks for all you do! cheers
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/15/15 11:33 AM

Congrats Bill and Alec! flehan
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/15/15 11:49 AM

Dang Bill I don't know what to say. Keep up the off the wall humor that you have and thank you for all that you do.

Alec all I can say is you are the "Man".

Congrats gentlemen, CAT wouldn't be CAT without guys like you.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/15/15 12:56 PM

Thanks everyone. I don't know about Alec........but I was totally blindsided! Personally...I wouldn't do any of this
if I didn't enjoy it!

I also put up a big "Thank You" to the CAT prez. Jay Don Reeve for all the behind the scene work he does and leadership he bestows to the club!!!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/15/15 01:28 PM

Kongrats cheers

Seems like CAT is where its at!!!
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/15/15 03:33 PM

Bill presented Jaydon with a beautiful crappie suitable for his desk. Fish was finished on both sides and neatly mounted on a piece of drift wood that looked just like the fish was holding on the structure under water. Very impressive mount. Jay Reeve with help from his much better half Rhonda, have worked tirelessly to make Crappie Anglers of Texas a great Club and a premiere Crappie Club in the United States. CAT may not be the oldest crappie club, but it our shines many others IMHO.
Posted By: machinist

Re: CAT Sportsman of the Year - 09/16/15 04:01 AM

That needs to be changed to the Ernest Paty Sportsman Award. I can't think of anyone that
has done more for crappie fishing in North Texas than Mr. Paty.

Johnny
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum