TFF GTG

Posted By: papamark

TFF GTG - 09/13/15 10:20 AM

Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: TFF GTG - 09/13/15 12:07 PM

You got a date picked old man?

Re: TFF GTG - 09/13/15 01:52 PM

they haven't said yet, I think it all depends on the lake, all I did was make a poll for them
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: TFF GTG - 09/13/15 02:23 PM

Is this the "whole" TFF, or just the crappie guys? Makes a big difference on which lake.

Re: TFF GTG - 09/13/15 02:25 PM

just the Crappie guys right now I think
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: TFF GTG - 09/13/15 02:34 PM

My 2 cents, but...
Fork will have lots of bass fishing boat traffic on Saturdays in October.
Palestine is always less crowded.
Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)

Re: TFF GTG - 09/13/15 10:06 PM

October. 10 & 24 were suggested on the other thread
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: TFF GTG - 09/13/15 11:03 PM

looks like ill be working on 10th and 24th have fun guys!!!!
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 12:03 AM

The 10 and 24 and 25 bass tourneys on Fork
Posted By: BCJC82

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 02:04 AM

I suggested the 17th.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 02:04 AM

There's a bass tourney every weekend on Fork. Only one I won't fish the lake during is McDonalds. And that's this weekend. Berkeley. Skeeter. Basscat owners. Legend. Triton owners. All those are plenty fishable durring. McDonald's my buddies that live there leave town for!!!
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 02:51 AM

Who is them?

I am part of them.
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 03:23 AM

Good post and I'm not trying to stir votes but remember the Bass fishing boat traffic at Fork will have a major impact on the crappie fishing IMHO. This was a crappie fishing G2G, started on the crappie forum and I think with all respect to all fishermen we need to pick the lake best for our fishing conditions and species of choice. I know some will pick the location that benefits them and I don't have a dog in that fight because I will have to put in the miles either way. I have never fished either lake but to me its about the people and the love for what we do to bring us together We decided to keep it stupid simple and I agree but if Pal has less traffic and make things easier then vote for the what's best for the event, Meet and greet and not your wallet or fishing habits! plz do not take this as disrespect to anyone's thoughts or opinions I just have been getting a lot of calls on this very issue. Ruff
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 03:46 AM

In forks defense it's basically boat lanes that have traffic. Once your off the boat lane it's some of the best crappie fishing in Texas. That being said Palestine is open and seems far less secluded as boats pass while trying to fish.

Both are basically the same distance for me so I'll be there and am also looking forward to meeting new anglers.

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 03:59 AM

+1
Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
In forks defense it's basically boat lanes that have traffic. Once your off the boat lane it's some of the best crappie fishing in Texas. That being said Palestine is open and seems far less secluded as boats pass while trying to fish.

Both are basically the same distance for me so I'll be there and am also looking forward to meeting new anglers.
thumb

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 04:13 AM

bump
Posted By: pepop

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 05:49 AM

I voted for Palestine but I will attend where ever it happens. I haven't fished Fork in 20 years but again, the G2G is the big draw for me. My only hope is that it is as well attended and things come together as well as the last one.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: TFF GTG - 09/14/15 05:32 PM

its not any thing to me but if people enjoy it why not do a couple a year and get to all of the lakes in time. Maybe a spring and fall thing are even a lake do its own thing each year. We all know you get what you put into it as long as its not over done. But will say from the past, the longer people have to plan to be there the more that can make it.

Re: TFF GTG - 09/15/15 05:01 AM

How many more days b4 you close the votes? SO we can pick a date.

Re: TFF GTG - 09/15/15 08:23 AM

It should end today
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum