Texas Fishing Forum

Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!!

Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 04:41 AM

Everyone I have been getting asked a lot about how we could put together a meet and greet for the crappie forum as the weather cools and it will be less recreational boats out on the weekend, it was even brought up that Bass, Crappie, and Catfish should have one once a year and then the forum as a whole should do one for the year for a total of 4 that way we will have one once a quarter. As with anything the folks in charge of the forum would have to take lead because its theirs. A event planner, operations officer and a committee lead would be needed to handle the Food, lodging, events, set up, clean up, vendors and a little fishing tournament. T-shirts with your forum handle or name would be cool so we will know who's who! I'm open to all dates, locations, opinions, and ideas just be sure to have a can-DO sprit and not say why it wont work, so look at the glass half full instead of half empty.....Ruff thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 05:02 AM

Great idea! Lets do this....
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 05:05 AM

Sounds good an should be fun...I'm in! cheers
Posted By: pepop

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 05:08 AM

It worked in a BIG way for us Crappie folks a couple years ago and was entirely the result of a group of determined individuals. I'm of the opinion when you get Director's, Officer's, Planner's & Committee's involved, difficulties ensue. I'd sure love to see another G2G for the Crappie side but let's KISS (keep it simple silly)!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: pepop
It worked in a BIG way for us Crappie folks a couple years ago and was entirely the result of a group of determined individuals. I'm of the opinion when you get Director's, Officer's, Planner's & Committee's involved, difficulties ensue. I'd sure love to see another G2G for the Crappie side but let's KISS (keep it simple silly)!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This!
Well said Vern thumb
Would love to attend another G2G
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 01:29 PM

Can't wait.
Posted By: Dadsthatlove2fish

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 01:56 PM

I would go. Like you said Ruffneck2000 it would have to be the directors and owners of the forum to put something like this together. I think it would be a good thing have a central location for everyone to meet at a lake, have a reserved area, BBQ, get Central Texas guides out there, companies could set up booths to sell products and services. If some folks brought there family imagine how many people would be out there.

I would have assumed this would have been something that would have been going on already????

Posted By: C Worthy

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 01:57 PM

I would be in. I know so many by communications on the forum but have never met. Shame on me frown This would be a great opportunity to meet some folks face to face that I already know.
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 02:06 PM

I'd be in for some clean-up help and or set-up!! I would really enjoy something like this!! As long as I don't have to work!!!
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 02:22 PM

This would be awesome, I'm in.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 02:29 PM

If y'all would like to do something here at lake Fork, I have the room to do so. We have a restroom in the office.
Would need others to organize, cook, etc. I do have 3 gas cookers and access to another.

Just throwing this out there, we'll plan to attend if not too far
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 02:36 PM

Great idea! bouncy

Count me in - if we are in town.

flag texas
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 02:39 PM

The Bass get together meet and greet would be a pissing match bolt
Posted By: cleve

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 02:43 PM

Great idea!
Posted By: jpenwell

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 03:00 PM

I nominate Pepop and Tboxfish to be co-organizers. Those interested might even want to consider a low entry fee 1/2 day crappie tourney before the fishfry to liven things up. Lets do it boys. The last GTG at Palestine turned out great. thumb stir
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 03:24 PM

I'm game for either Palestine or Fork and can bring cookers to either.
Posted By: papamark

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 03:28 PM

I bet we can get Oakridge to let us use their Pavilion for the cook out and seating area, if its at Fork
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 03:32 PM

Fork.....
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Fork.....

+1

Gman
Posted By: mayor (crappiepete)

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 05:15 PM

The G2G here on Palestine was a HIT!! Location is the big issue to have the facilities. I did the name tags and still have the list some where. Willing to locate and send emails to all I can find. A better name tag system would help to know where we are talking with...

Let's do it Crappie folks.....

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 06:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot

I already donated your cooker roflmao

Ok, you wanna ask them at Oakridge Papa Mark?
Last time we all sent in $10-15 a head to help with the grease and such, I don't remember the exact figure.
We are up for a small tourney, in fact, Belinda said she could use some pocket cash banana
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish

Last time we all sent in $10-15 a head to help with the grease and such, I don't remember the exact figure.
We are up for a small tourney, in fact, Belinda said she could use some pocket cash banana

Posted By: larry mays

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 07:57 PM

I would for sure put a second on Pepop and Todd.
Posted By: JimmyA

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/09/15 11:44 PM

Yes, I would like to attend! I have met one person on this site and would like to fish "Lake Fork" again as I was a "Ditch Pickle" there for many years. I am always, game for a fish fry too.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 12:24 AM

I agree totally Pepop, just didn't want one or two guys getting stuck with the load. Do you think we should do it a Palestine since its been done there and had a good showing? I'm in Kempner TX and don't mine driving I think more members are up North Texas anyways. KISS it is bring you own everything and pack it out when done, cant get anymore simple than that! BYOB! BRING YOUR OWN= Body, BBQ, Beer, bottle, babe, bed, Boat, Breakfast, boyfriend(for the ladies), brush pile, and trash BAGS! thumb

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 12:25 AM

WE NEED A Date, Time , park and ramp!

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 06:33 AM

I will ask Oakridge, but need a date to make sure it isn't booked.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 08:56 AM

whatever date we decide to go with,might want to make sure it doesn't coincide with a crappie or bass tournament.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 11:09 AM

Originally Posted By: jpenwell
I nominate Pepop and Tboxfish to be co-organizers. Those interested might even want to consider a low entry fee 1/2 day crappie tourney before the fishfry to liven things up. Lets do it boys. The last GTG at Palestine turned out great. thumb stir

agree with penwell.... let's do it here on Palestine....

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 11:18 AM

If y'all railroad me into this, you'll be fishing a jig only tourney on FORK!!
nannyboo

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 02:31 PM

nannyboo
popcorn Ha. no objections here if the donation, oops I mean entry fee is low.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 03:52 PM

nannyboo
popcorn Ha. no objections here if the donation, oops I mean entry fee is low.

Agree is the fee is low....
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 07:45 PM

Fork... I'm in!
popcorn
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 07:47 PM

Weight in....Tony at minnow bucket would go for it. I can ask him?

I'll never set foot in Oakridge again. Ever!
Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/10/15 08:35 PM

The first step is to pick a park, lake or meeting place and a date then start sending invites. Make it a BYOB family picnic event and let it develop from there.

If vendors or guides want to come and visit thats OK but don't make anything a big deal. If anyone wants to sell something then they need to get with the proper officials for permits or rules governing their doing business on the property.

Most importantly have something to focus the event on like a little tourney or charity club function. A good understanding of the "need or want" we are trying to fulfill goes a long way in making for a very enjoyable time with other like-minded people.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 12:33 AM

Originally Posted By: crappiepete

agree with penwell.... let's do it here on Palestine....

Dominic texted me last night. The point where we had the Palestine G2G is being used for staging equipment & materials for some EB construction. He also said he had a connection at Brookshires that might be able to get their area (great space with launch, pavilion, parking for hundreds, rest rooms, etc) but like anywhere else, he needs dates to insure availability. I'll be glad to do what I can to help but I'm no director! Dominic said it, the Palestine G2G was such a success because several folks stepped up and made things happen!

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 01:20 AM

We can depend on Dominic. Brookshires was mentioned last time. I will do what I can to help.

Date: Suggest October 24 or 10 ?

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 01:21 AM

Jig only works for me!

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 01:22 AM

Get this done, me and the better half will be there.
Posted By: BCJC82

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 06:56 AM

I like fork on Oct. 17th. Todd's place is great plenty of room and he is a nice fellow to offer it to boot. I got a 2 burner gas fryer that I can bring too. I am with Tommy on the Oakridge thing. I will be more than happy to help with the frying of fish. I've also got a nice chunk of land if anyone from out of town needs to stay the night. They can camp out in a tent and are more than welcome to use my property for that free of charge as long as we don't get a lot of rain in the days before. I am about 2 minutes from T-box and and about 3 minutes from the 515 west public boat ramp.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 11:38 AM

nannyboo

You mean a Thermocline lure only tourney!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
nannyboo

You mean a Thermocline lure only tourney!

I see this as a good thing...each angler gets some thermocline lures and a G rod banana

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman

I see this as a good thing...each angler gets some thermocline lures and a G rod banana

cheers clap clap clap
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 01:09 PM

Unfortunately Todd let me hold one of those "G" Rods.

I have not fish with one yet but, who ever invented that set up has got something special. Maybe one day Belinda and I can slip off. Just saying.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 01:10 PM

Knowing Todd, you would get one lure, one jig head and a bamboo stick with thread on it - roflmao

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 02:20 PM

We can depend on Dominic. Brookshires was mentioned last time. I will do what I can to help.

Date: Suggest October 24 or 10 ?
thumb Thanks Roy. Your participation in helping to organize this would be priceless, especially if Palestine is selected. The advantage to Palestine is it's uncrowded and generally has very little boat traffic. Both lakes, Fork and Pal, have plenty of nice crappie, beautiful scenery and appearantly enough local TFFers to facilitate organizing this GTG. 2cents
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 02:34 PM

Lake Fork...
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 03:14 PM

Fork is a great idea... No crappie at tawakoni...
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 05:11 PM

What the Fork? I'm in.
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 06:08 PM

Stick a Fork it and I will be done too.
Posted By: Tommie

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 09:04 PM

Need to wait until early November. I'm busy every weekend in October. bang

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 09:33 PM

Penwell, willing to help, just waiting for Dominic to confirm the location. Then it will be hustle time...

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 11:56 PM

Nice!!!!
Penwell, willing to help, just waiting for Dominic to confirm the location. Then it will be hustle time...
woot woot

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/11/15 11:59 PM

Vote Pal or Fork? 3rd or 4th weekend in October? or any other dates outside November-Jan because of Holidays.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 01:33 AM

Palestine is my vote, as I have family in Tyler. 24th for me as I'm going to be in Arkansas trout fishing the 9th -18th.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 02:00 AM

24 for me. Palestine or Fork
Posted By: BCJC82

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 02:22 AM

17th on fork is my vote.

That is the only weekend I have available in Oct.
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 02:23 AM

Fork the 24th works for me
Posted By: Hookn_Stix

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 04:50 AM

Good for fork or Palestine with Palestine being better. October is bow season though.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 08:02 AM

FORK FORK FORK

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 11:59 AM

Can someone put up one of those "Here or There" Survey's & give it about 3 days? Which ever lake gets the most votes wins. Could put a second up with date choices. Remember, "Can't accommodate ALL the people ALL the time!" Someone is likely going to be left out due to either time or place.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 05:22 PM

+1 good idea!
Can someone put up one of those "Here or There" Survey's & give it about 3 days? Which ever lake gets the most votes wins. Could put a second up with date choices. Remember, "Can't accommodate ALL the people ALL the time!" Someone is likely going to be left out due to either time or place.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 05:24 PM

I don't know how, but agree time to move on with it.
Posted By: Buz

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/12/15 11:26 PM

So for me the date and lake that everyone can agree upon doesn't matter to me. I've been on the forum for about 18 months and would really enjoy putting names and faces with these post.....OK, well at least most of them....LOL....I'm in....
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/13/15 01:51 AM

Late winter, early spring~~Either lake, but would lean toward Palestine...Best chance fer a 3 lbr. Also would like to shake hands with ya'll, some dang good ole boys in east Texas. thumb

And me and ole wtex like the one pole one jig deal...
Posted By: stubby77

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/13/15 01:56 PM

I'm in like to meet some of the members MABE I can get a crappie partner for tournaments ha. roflmao

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/13/15 02:42 PM

I voted!

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/14/15 04:12 AM

bump to keep this alive!
Posted By: Eastexn

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/15/15 08:00 PM

Great idea. And I vote for Lake Palestine. And Brookshires Park would be ideal. They have great accommodations with launch ramps, covered pavilion, rest rooms, and parking. I would help work on it, but I'd need a date. I susggest late October.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/15/15 08:09 PM

For any of you that wants to vote its under, topic, TFF GTG

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/15/15 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Tommie
Need to wait until early November. I'm busy every weekend in October. bang

SAME HERE!!!!!!
violin

Plus I would like to bring some of my jigs out there and show em off!! hand a few out say a hundred or so, so people can try em out and give me some input and or props!!!

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/16/15 04:27 AM

I am open for anytime, My boat is real easy to hook up to. I still work and never have time off but to meet up with you great folks and to fish it's just a matter of when and where.

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/17/15 02:49 AM

Originally Posted By: cleve
I am open for anytime, My boat is real easy to hook up to. I still work and never have time off but to meet up with you great folks and to fish it's just a matter of when and where.
thumb

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 09/17/15 06:03 PM

Is this a one day thing or a two day, I know I would have to travel up from humble kingwood area so once we find out where it would be held I will book a cabin or room near the meet up.
Posted By: Bass_Kisser

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 07/14/16 03:25 PM

Oh no! I just joined yesterday and saw this post when searching "Kingwood". I would love to do this and meet other fisherman (and woman) in my area. I'm originally from Magnolia and moved to Kingwood a year ago. I live right on Lake Houston by Sharky's but haven't tried fishing here- still travel to Cleveland to our private lake. I would love to try catfish noodling lake Houston also, any thoughts or ideas?
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 07/14/16 06:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ShaynaJ
Oh no! I just joined yesterday and saw this post when searching "Kingwood". I would love to do this and meet other fisherman (and woman) in my area. I'm originally from Magnolia and moved to Kingwood a year ago. I live right on Lake Houston by Sharky's but haven't tried fishing here- still travel to Cleveland to our private lake. I would love to try catfish noodling lake Houston also, any thoughts or ideas?

Welcome to the forum Shayna!

A good idea to get you started is to begin a new thread with your location in the subject. :-)
Click on "New topic".
This is a year old meet/great thread from the north Texas area.

Good luck!
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Texas Fishing Forum MEET AND GREET!!!! - 07/14/16 07:03 PM

I read through 3 pages befor I looked at the date.hahaha...I'm in tho.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum