Texas Fishing Forum

A "Teency" bit of Redemption today!

Posted By: pepop

A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 05:10 AM

Well, Penwell & I aren't willing to take a butt-whoopin lyin down so we hooked up this morning for about 3 hours of Seekin Redemption! I gotta say, it didn't start out very well! First stop, DINKS! and only 2 or 3! Then we couldn't locate a couple brushpiles I fished last week with some success. Then we were idling over to a stump sticking out of the water and a man & his wife were 60-70 yards from it anchored in their pontoon, but when he saw us easing over there, he hoisted that anchor and with the MG Saltwater 101# on that 'toon he scooted to the stump, AFTER we had thrown a marker out on a pile near the stump! OH WELL, no problem! we just fished all around them. They were actually pretty nice and we talked while they stood there dunkin minners while me & Jerry put about 6 fish in the boat (all but 2 were dinks) with our jigs. Jerry hooked a TOAD and got it to the surface between the 2 boats and it got off! He & the lady were arguing as to its size. Jerry said 2#, she said probably 2 1/2# to which Jerry said "come to think of it, it was probably closer to 3#" LOL!! Anyway, we gave them the 2 keepers we caught and left that spot with an hour left to fish. Went across the lake and tossed a marker out on a particular tree/pile and in less than an hour we put 5-6 fish in the boat of which only 2 were dinks. SO, we finished on a better note than before. Here are a couple pics...

Grape Limeade accounted for nearly all the fish & timber in 22 fow fishing 14' deep accounted for the bigger fish caught.
Posted By: crope1

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 05:46 AM

always nice when one can redeem themselves....way to stay after'em....now how is it your pics show up but some other ones won't? hmmmmmm?
Posted By: ATM97

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 10:35 AM

Very nice fish! Way to get back after them
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 10:55 AM

purdy...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 11:00 AM

Nice fish and enjoyed the read! Good job. thumb
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 12:24 PM

Very nice Vernon.

thumb clap thumb
Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 01:47 PM

Love the read and the pics. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 02:03 PM

Nice catch Pepop...at least ya got a few in this trip! I bet Jerry wish he woulda got that hawwwg on the boat! Maybe next time cheers
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 04:20 PM

nice! thumb
Posted By: HOGON

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 05:09 PM

Looks like fun!
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/08/15 05:42 PM

WTG Vernon!! thumb
Posted By: jpenwell

Re: A "Teency" bit of Redemption today! - 09/09/15 03:27 PM

Clear your slate Pepop. I should be back by the (cool) weekend to pickup where we left off. Maybe I can rehook that 4 lber that got away.. fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum