Texas Fishing Forum

Pull it away and get the net........

Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 03:45 AM

Water temp was 84.
Caught fish as shallow as 7 foot and deep as 24 feet.

On the water before noon after some instructions from Kyron I was off. Cedar creek is an unbelievable fishery, ifin you like small fish. (As DW would say). It didn't matter where you went as long as there was a stick sticking up off the bottom and it would be loaded with fish.

Ease up to the stick, drop down, put it in front of their face, hold that Frog still and they would not touch it. Put the Simm's shake on it as you pulled it away from them and they wouldn't knock the fire out of it every time. This happened all day. Ended up catching over 40 crappie, most of the fish were 11" to 12" with a couple 13 1/2" to 14" fish.

Anyways that about all I got, it's time for the picture show.

See this.

ProAngler at work.

Trash.

Dam Frog did it again!

Sticks.

For Bill.

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 03:46 AM

That dam Frog caught about 20 of these!

Saw one of these too.

Thanks for checking on me Kyron, we need to go soon.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 03:48 AM

Those are some great screen shots,thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 04:06 AM

Good job bro...almost a 2 man limit solo!!! Now that's what I kall gettin it in!!! cheers
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 10:21 AM

Ahhh!!!! I see your using a blu frog!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 10:30 AM

I've been having a good time there last 2 trips. Walking out the door now for one last trip before the tourney! Little man is not happy w Kindergarten today!!! Where did the big white crappie come from! Did you bring him to the lake with you!! I've caughth plenty of fat black crappie but no big fish! People are gonna hafta work hard to get that lowball award from me this time!!!!

Slew fish
Posted By: SK.

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 10:57 AM

Sho nuff a great day & yeap those are some purdy good scans too....

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
I've been having a good time there last 2 trips. Walking out the door now for one last trip before the tourney! Little man is not happy w Kindergarten today!!! Where did the big white crappie come from! Did you bring him to the lake with you!! I've caughth plenty of fat black crappie but no big fish! People are gonna hafta work hard to get that lowball award from me this time!!!!

Slew fish

Oh yeah, that white crappie was a monster alright probably a 1 1/4 pounds on a good day.

I hate black crappie, those suckers like to play with it. Might as well set this one out, I suck at getting them caught.

BTW, do you think little man's teacher knows that little man crappie fishes yet?

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®
Ahhh!!!! I see your using a blu frog!!!!!!!!!!!

I have some juice for you to put on your Frog, the catfish love it.
de
Posted By: addicted

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 01:28 PM

Where do you get the frogs?
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/03/15 02:16 PM

nice pics thumb
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/04/15 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Oh yeah, that white crappie was a monster alright probably a 1 1/4 pounds on a good day.

I hate black crappie, those suckers like to play with it. Might as well set this one out, I suck at getting them caught.

BTW, do you think little man's teacher knows that little man crappie fishes yet?

Oh yeah!! She knows!! I'm right at home with them blsck crappie. Won't have any weight but we're gonna go home with a cooler of em anyhow!! Had fun watching little man shoot a jig under docks last weekend and pull crappie out. He loves dock shooting!

I told him when I pick him up from school next Thursday he might outta cough a little bit. He said he had a better idea. He would peck the ground and cluck and gobble and flap his wings and they would think he had the turkey flu!!!!
Haha!! Little mans on point!!!

Slew roflmao
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/04/15 01:08 AM

That Blue Froggie made me a believer today

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/04/15 04:35 AM

Originally Posted By: jiggin el
That Blue Froggie made me a believer today

Stay out of my Frogs El. Ha! It was good talking with ya. You sure have that tube rigged out nice. Btw I did see a 7 foot alligator swimming around. bolt

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/04/15 01:57 PM

Bahahahahahahhaah roflmao

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/04/15 01:58 PM

Just pm Lane ....ha ha
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/05/15 03:02 AM

Kirk doint ya just love it when the fish just give up and come to boat and turn on there side that's what happens when ya breakem to lead when there young.ha Darrell
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/05/15 05:46 AM

coolphotos Nice post! cheers
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/05/15 09:38 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
coolphotos Nice post! cheers

+1 !

WTG
Posted By: ATM97

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/13/15 04:27 PM

Ease up to the stick, drop down, put it in front of their face, hold that Frog still and they would not touch it. Put the Simm's shake on it as you pulled it away from them and they would knock the fire out of it every time.

Thanks for the tip. Tried this for the first time this am and they flat clobbered it when moving it away from the pile.

Re: Pull it away and get the net........ - 09/13/15 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ATM97

Ease up to the stick, drop down, put it in front of their face, hold that Frog still and they would not touch it. Put the Simm's shake on it as you pulled it away from them and they would knock the fire out of it every time.

Thanks for the tip. Tried this for the first time this am and they flat clobbered it when moving it away from the pile.

Well I am glad it worked for you, them sock suckers wouldn't hit it that way for me yesterday and I didn't find one specific method that worked better than any other. I will be glad when they just start eating it again.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum