Texas Fishing Forum

cedar creek docks????/

Posted By: jsplinter

cedar creek docks????/ - 08/30/15 01:08 AM

is it still the temperature for shooting docks up there?
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: cedar creek docks????/ - 08/30/15 11:29 AM

LOL,
Everybody is being quite about CC, guess the State Championship for Cat is the cause.
I didn't shoot any docks last Thursday and it was my 1st time on that lake, so I can't help ya.
I will say that fish bit extremely well, heck better than that!!!!
I'm hoping to go back next week, as Belinda has expressed a desire to go.
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: cedar creek docks????/ - 08/30/15 02:54 PM

now is still a good time, Cedar Creek is both the hardest and easiest lake to pattern and catch fish on that I know of. Hardest because there are over 7000 docks on the lake and only about 100 that are worth fishing most of the time. Easiest because once you figure out the pattern you can duplicate it all over the lake.

The best docks usually have deeper water, big shade (large decks) and something different under them such as old dock remains or steep dropoffs. Maybe concrete pillars. Look for docks with high slides off roofs or high diving boards. Both are indicators of deeper water. Docks near points are worth a try.

In order to catch much off docks you need to be able to shoot your jig way back under the dock to the best shade. Use no heavier than 1/16 oz jig and highviz line. let the jig fall all the way to the bottom and watch the line. If it jumps or stops too soon set the hook.

Good luck
Posted By: SK.

Re: cedar creek docks????/ - 08/30/15 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: ERNEST PATY
now is still a good time, Cedar Creek is both the hardest and easiest lake to pattern and catch fish on that I know of. Hardest because there are over 7000 docks on the lake and only about 100 that are worth fishing most of the time. Easiest because once you figure out the pattern you can duplicate it all over the lake.

The best docks usually have deeper water, big shade (large decks) and something different under them such as old dock remains or steep dropoffs. Maybe concrete pillars. Look for docks with high slides off roofs or high diving boards. Both are indicators of deeper water. Docks near points are worth a try.

In order to catch much off docks you need to be able to shoot your jig way back under the dock to the best shade. Use no heavier than 1/16 oz jig and highviz line. let the jig fall all the way to the bottom and watch the line. If it jumps or stops too soon set the hook.

Good luck

Sound like excellent advise...
Speaking of hi-viz line what do you think is the best low memory/low stretch line there's is to use for crappie?
Posted By: crope1

Re: cedar creek docks????/ - 08/30/15 06:18 PM

a lot of this is new to me,but i like the 6lb bonehead mono.
Originally Posted By: silentkilla
Originally Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Good luck

Sound like excellent advise...
Speaking of hi-viz line what do you think is the best low memory/low stretch line there's is to use for crappie?
Posted By: Laner

Re: cedar creek docks????/ - 08/30/15 09:12 PM

You can catch a few fish under docks right now, but it's going to be a lot better in a month.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: cedar creek docks????/ - 08/30/15 09:56 PM

What's the best time of day to shoot docks on CC in the fall?
Posted By: Laner

Re: cedar creek docks????/ - 08/30/15 11:05 PM

Grenadaslabs, I like going when the sun gets high enough to isolate the fish under the dock.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: cedar creek docks????/ - 08/31/15 02:06 PM

Thanks lane.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum