Texas Fishing Forum

Pointers Benbrook

Posted By: Azbassassin

Pointers Benbrook - 08/27/15 03:44 PM

I have 0 to no experience crappie fishing. Have drown some minnows with my daughter in hopes to catch a few and that's about the extent of it. Trying to focus a little more on what to look for and season patterns to take her out and hopefully have a little success. She's only 4 to attention span is short lived when it's slow. . Going to hit Benbrook tomorrow to do some homework. Now the weather is starting to be bearable for a few hours in the morning I plan on taking her out more. Any pointers would be great. Wood, structure, color or minnows? Dam side or mustang ramp side? Appreciate any feedback, thanks.
Posted By: GhostRider32

Re: Pointers Benbrook - 08/27/15 04:01 PM

I have never been on benbrook and have just recently learned some about this crappie fishing but I have had success on brushpiles. I've used jigs in various colors and some Berkley crappie nibbles but no minnows.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Pointers Benbrook - 08/27/15 05:20 PM

Perch (bream) jerking usually keep those kids attention a lot better than chasing crappie....
Posted By: Azbassassin

Re: Pointers Benbrook - 08/27/15 05:33 PM

Yeah bream are entertaining but She wants to keep everything and eat it. Lol. Going to put some time in, figure once I get over the learning curve we will have a lot of fun with it.
Posted By: gaspergou

Re: Pointers Benbrook - 08/28/15 02:04 AM

Benbrook+ small hook+ earthworms = little but numerous yellow bass
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum