Texas Fishing Forum

Limited out on crappie?

Posted By: Chad Stephens

Limited out on crappie? - 08/27/15 03:12 PM

Just wondering how often guys actually catch a limit of 25? I've only done it 1 time. Most trips we have 2 or 3 guys on the boat and would consider 25+ fish total a good day.
Posted By: jasoniam

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/27/15 03:14 PM

I have never been able to limit.....but i only bank fish.........lol
Posted By: Retired&Free2Fish

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/27/15 04:21 PM

Chad I have done it quite a few times during the spring spawn. I do not have a boat but fish night and day during that time. Lakes I normally fish are Lavon, Tawakoni, Fork, Hubbard and Winnsboro. My favorites being Lavon, Tawakoni and Fork.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/27/15 05:17 PM

I'm tired of cleaning limits of crappie so the only time I'll keep one is if I'm low in the freezer.....
Can catch'em purdy often at times....Not to brag but Yeap....
Posted By: I love fishing

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/27/15 10:35 PM

At times I can't catch them to save my life. I did limited out several times by pure luck. Ray Bob and Lewisville are the lakes I got my limits.
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/27/15 10:47 PM

I was fortunate to have a few limits myself. About 4 in total since I started looking for crappie more 3 years back. That is about once a year. Usually I do better in the colder months and spawn. It all depends on mother nature and luck of finding them at the right spot at the right time. It is fun though!!! [img]http://s5.photobucket.com/user/kickingbac/media/Fishing/IMG_0959a.jpg.html?sort=3&o=34[/img]
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 01:28 AM

I rarely limit out with two guys in the boat. I consider a good day 20-30 keepers with two in the boat. For some reason, I have more luck limiting out when it's just me. I think it's because you're more focused and aren't joking around all the time or relying on your partner to find the magic color of the day.
Posted By: Lucas Loafman

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 01:31 AM

Growing up if Dad and I could get 15 between us it was a good day. Now, I would probably limit at least every third trip. So much has to do with weather, time of year, and lake. On Waco, I probably limit 4 out of 5 trips. I'd be lucky to do 1 out of 5 on Belton.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 02:35 AM

I`ve had my share mostly while fishing solo uno.
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 02:40 AM

Rarely do I limit out, but even when I do I only keep 10-15 for dinner. Mostly its CPR, but I have yet to even go crappie fishing this year, so y'all can have mine grin
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 02:48 AM

Got two limits on Granger(but a lot of 15-20 trips}, one Belton, one on Stillhouse (during Spawn) one on LBJ and one on Sommerville in the pass 15 months. But Trust me I go a lot and I have had my share of getting SKUNKED! BtW 2 were Guided on Granger lol THANKs Kevin! thumb
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 04:40 AM

Winter and spring is when I get my limits if I do limit out
Posted By: crappiegetter

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 01:02 PM

What's a LIMIT ??? lol
bang
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 02:54 PM

Like a blind hog, I find an acorn every once in awhile roflmao
Have been able to pull off several double limits this year and even a triple.
A lot of times I don't even keep count, like yesterday on CC.
My 1st time there & I can say, I have no doubt I caught a double limit myself clap
But I can also say I have those bang your head against the wall outings more than I care too bang
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 03:33 PM

I've caught a few limits myself,but my magic number when I go out is always 5...
Once I hit that #5 it's all gravy after that... food
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 03:35 PM

Spring and fall great times to get your limits
Posted By: Chad Stephens

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 08:18 PM

The last 3 post were guys from Cedar Hill or Cedar Creek Lake catching limits with ease.....I might have found a new lake! banana lol
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 09:14 PM

After 57 years in NE Oklahoma, I moved to Lake Fork and started over. It has been tough to say the least. I pretty much had meat runs in Oklahoma, but so far, its been hit or miss here. One limit so far this spring is all I've mustered. I have to admit I'm jealous sometimes at some of the catches I see on the same day and from the same lake that I struggled on earlier, but, I have plenty in the freezer and fortunate to be able to fish any day I want. My day is coming, its a matter of putting the pattern together.
For those that are out there putting the hammer down day in and day out, keep it up as I love to read the posts and see the pics.

Gman
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 09:24 PM

Winter time is great for catching limits. Some of the coldest days this past winter were the best. I had some clients catch a 75 fish limit in less than 2 hours. Get out there when its cold and you'll get umm.
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/28/15 10:30 PM

The "Crappie Morgue" has only seen but just a few limits. Ha!

Posted By: Keith Speer

Re: Limited out on crappie? - 08/29/15 09:27 PM

Build some structure and sink em in a good crappie lake and see what happens.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdeRMd6Kssc
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum