Texas Fishing Forum

Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare

Posted By: Krappie1

Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 10:13 AM

Caught a 2 man limit on Granger with Mr Tommy Tidwell. We used a chartreuse jig called 'Mean Green' made by Dan's Jigs.There were a few caught on the headless minnow technique Mr.Tidwell spoke of on a previous post.

Posted By: Knot Normal

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 11:12 AM

thumb nice catch!
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 11:47 AM

Great job Ronnie!
Posted By: Laner

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 01:48 PM

Those fish never stood a chance.
Posted By: Trunkful

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 01:56 PM

thumb
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 02:30 PM

Nice fish, a good day of fishing. Love the stray hat, got to get me one.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 03:15 PM

Lookin Good Fellers!WTG
Posted By: Dadsthatlove2fish

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 03:41 PM

I looked up Dan's Jigs mean green and didn't see a website or anything on those jigs? Was that the name of the maker or company?
Posted By: GhostRider32

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 06:09 PM

Good job.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 08:52 PM

Lifetime Memories right there! It just don't get any better! thumb
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 09:15 PM

Yessuh...good job yo!!! I see y'all really "Hurt'em" cheers!!!

I see a few monsters in that kooler lol...when's the fish fry, I'll bring the Modelo's and hush puppies!!!
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 09:23 PM

Krappie1... welcome to the forum!!!

Did y'all put those Pro Anglers to work or Boneheads??

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 09:35 PM

Thanks guys it has been about 6 years since me and my dad went fishing together ..and yes we both had pro angler rods best I've ever used...my dad has Mr.Danny's info on the jigs I'll get back to ya on that one ..but $1 a piece for hand tied jigs aren't bad. Much thanks to Mr. Tidwell for putting us on em all we had to do was pop our wrist and get to well roping em in the boat

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 09:36 PM

Thanks man I loved every bit of it

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 09:37 PM

I almost felt sorry...lol sike

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 09:37 PM

Fish fry was Sunday man you missed it lol

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/18/15 09:38 PM

Thanks for having me
Posted By: crappieScout Calvin

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/19/15 01:45 AM

Right On Fellas! thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/19/15 03:37 AM

Call him at this number,512 517 0440
Originally Posted By: Dadsthatlove2fish
I looked up Dan's Jigs mean green and didn't see a website or anything on those jigs? Was that the name of the maker or company?
Posted By: crappie1

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/19/15 03:59 AM

I really enjoyed fishing with y'all Ronnie. Sunday was a good day of fishing. After you left we ended up with 44 on my afternoon trip. This weekend was a good one at Granger Lake with the 80 we had on Saturday and the 94 on Sunday. After a couple of down years because of the drought, Granger is back.

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/19/15 04:34 AM

Thanks for all the replies guys! as baf stated,lifetime memories being made,we're still talking about it.As my son stated its been 6 years since we got to fish together.while he got to break in a new pro angler rod,I put the "hurt on'em with my bonehead rod.didn't have any Modelo,but some hot fresh fish,fries and sweet tea did us good.All in all,a pretty neat trip,there were 3 of us on the same boat,Mr Tidwell crappie1,my son Krappie1 and dear old dad,crope1....

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/19/15 04:37 AM

We thouroughly thank you for putting us on some good fish!Thanks for the history lesson as well.Please be sure to take care of that finger.Until next time....
Originally Posted By: crappie1
I really enjoyed fishing with y'all Ronnie. Sunday was a good day of fishing. After you left we ended up with 44 on my afternoon trip. This weekend was a good one at Granger Lake with the 80 we had on Saturday and the 94 on Sunday. After a couple of down years because of the drought, Granger is back.
Posted By: crappie1

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/19/15 04:48 AM

The finger is fine. Talking about 3 of us in a boat. How about 3 in a $2000 boat. I still remember the post where some guy said you are not going to be a successful guide if you go out and buy a $2000 boat. It has paid for itself many times over. And I bought it here on the forum thanks to Leaning Post calling it to my attention. Even though I have 2 other Ranger Fisherman boats, this one fishes just as good as the others.

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/19/15 05:48 AM

And quite comfortable it is....
Originally Posted By: crappie1
The finger is fine. Talking about 3 of us in a boat. How about 3 in a $2000 boat. I still remember the post where some guy said you are not going to be a successful guide if you go out and buy a $2000 boat. It has paid for itself many times over. And I bought it here on the forum thanks to Leaning Post calling it to my attention. Even though I have 2 other Ranger Fisherman boats, this one fishes just as good as the others.

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/19/15 09:07 AM

Located previous post with this info,Danny Mathews Dan's Jigs dan@dansjigs.com and a second number,512 436 3543
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/19/15 10:27 AM

Nice job Ronnie 1&2!
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/20/15 12:58 AM

That's why they call u "Hurt'em"

Let's see that Jig

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/20/15 03:18 AM

on its way to ya!
Originally Posted By: jiggin el
That's why they call u "Hurt'em"

Let's see that Jig
Posted By: TurboDan

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/21/15 12:38 PM

Originally Posted By: crope1
Located previous post with this info,Danny Mathews Dan's Jigs dan@dansjigs.com and a second number,512 436 3543

Thanks for the shout out. Great to see your success. Crappie fishing is a lot of fun when they bite like they have been on Granger lately. Picked up 21 myself Monday on that Pretty n Pink jig you bought also. Great to see you and your son spend some quality time together too. Sounds like a great time ya'll had.

Danny
dan@dansjigs.com.
Posted By: clay83

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/23/15 01:12 AM

Proud you guys got out together...Your dad is one of the nicest guys out there, he made it worth guiding back when I was still doing it. He rides with a pretty rough crowd when it comes to jerkin crappie!

Clay

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/28/15 10:08 AM

Great to hear from you nephew! Thx for the kind words! When we goin jerkin?! have a blessed day!
Posted By: CrappieHappy

Re: Ronnie Sr. And Ronnie Jr in a boat....Crappies worst nightmare - 08/28/15 01:32 PM

Congrats, Ronnie & Co.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum