Texas Fishing Forum

Thermocline, revisited, again!

Posted By: OkieBob

Thermocline, revisited, again! - 08/16/15 11:01 AM

Found this article that explains what it is, why it is there and what to do about it as well as any I've ever read. Maybe it will better answer the question that keeps popping up from time to time.

http://www.bradwiegmann.com/sonar-and-gp...catch-fish.html
Posted By: GMorg

Re: Thermocline, revisited, again! - 08/17/15 04:38 AM

First, It's hard to believe you haven't had a single response to an excellent post. Second, thanks for sharing that article OkieBob. I've been reading a lot about the thermocline lately. I've even searched for graph pics but didn't find much. Not only does the article explain the thermocline very well, but it also includes some excellent but hard to find sonar, down imaging, and side imaging pics. Great information. Thanks again.

Hook'em Horns!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Thermocline, revisited, again! - 08/17/15 11:16 AM

thank you Mr Bob!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Thermocline, revisited, again! - 08/17/15 11:16 AM

welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: GMorg
First, It's hard to believe you haven't had a single response to an excellent post. Second, thanks for sharing that article OkieBob. I've been reading a lot about the thermocline lately. I've even searched for graph pics but didn't find much. Not only does the article explain the thermocline very well, but it also includes some excellent but hard to find sonar, down imaging, and side imaging pics. Great information. Thanks again.

Hook'em Horns!
Posted By: GMorg

Re: Thermocline, revisited, again! - 08/17/15 07:25 PM

Thanks for the welcome, crope1.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Thermocline, revisited, again! - 08/18/15 04:26 AM

One of the better pieces I have seen on this. Thank You for posting, but not sure I understand the late part of it. Will give it more study, my way going into it and coming out has been go to a lake of differ size to try stay ahead or behind it. I like this.
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Thermocline, revisited, again! - 08/18/15 05:09 AM

welcome
Posted By: Crappie Bait

Re: Thermocline, revisited, again! - 08/18/15 03:34 PM

Good Article Bob!