Texas Fishing Forum

Bamboo or Hardwood Condos

Posted By: wgpj

Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/15/15 01:13 AM

Hardwood condos should work just as well as Bamboo, right?
Posted By: kickingback

Re: Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/15/15 01:23 PM

Depends on the wood. Some deteriorate faster than others. Bamboo is better green when put in.
As far as working YES by all means it will work just as good...for as long as the wood survives. I have a few PVC piles as well and they work fine. Anything to give them shelter.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/15/15 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: kickingback
Depends on the wood. Some deteriorate faster than others. Bamboo is better green when put in.
As far as working YES by all means it will work just as good...for as long as the wood survives. I have a few PVC piles as well and they work fine. Anything to give them shelter.

What he said....just as soon as some of these lakes go down, I'm ready to put more in!!

Good fishin'
Posted By: wgpj

Re: Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/15/15 02:54 PM

Thanks for the input. As to the wood deteriorating, not a major concern. I deploy them in a river lake so it's flooding I worry about which usually moves them long before they deteriorate. Here today, gone tomorrow when it floods.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/16/15 02:14 PM

I know everyone seems to trumpet the bamboo, but I'm a big believer in the hardwood. They're heavier and difficult to put out, but if you can drag a good old oak or pecan out and sink it it will be there for years!
If that's not an option, I prefer to combine PVC and something that works quick like bamboo or willow. Once established, the PVC is there pretty much forever. 2cents
Posted By: rexmitchell

Re: Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/17/15 06:53 PM

Way easier to get your bait out of bamboo if you get hung up.
Posted By: Chad Stephens

Re: Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/17/15 11:18 PM

I haven't had much luck with cedar. Everything else has worked good for me.
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/18/15 06:28 PM

Willow Trees woot
Posted By: Laner

Re: Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/18/15 06:51 PM

I go with hardwood all day long, especially willow trees.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Bamboo or Hardwood Condos - 08/18/15 09:29 PM

I know nothing about this but the guys I fish with use fruit trees when they can get them and I can tell you they are good.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum