Texas Fishing Forum

JIGS?

Posted By: WASTINGTIME

JIGS? - 08/12/15 09:29 PM

New to crappie I usualy go with some minnows.. Wanting to start to jig any tips on some good jigs?
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: JIGS? - 08/12/15 09:41 PM

Check out thumpitjigs... He has a slough of hand tied jigs, sizes, color combo's etc... Water clarity depends on color selection, cloudy/sunny etc... I've visited with him about jigs and he really is knowledgeable and catches fish too.
Posted By: crope1

Re: JIGS? - 08/12/15 10:08 PM

welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: Pintail711
Check out thumpitjigs... He has a slough of hand tied jigs, sizes, color combo's etc... Water clarity depends on color selection, cloudy/sunny etc... I've visited with him about jigs and he really is knowledgeable and catches fish too.
Posted By: crope1

Re: JIGS? - 08/12/15 10:13 PM

there are a ton of great jig products on this forum....check out the jig tying section as well.are you wanting plastics or hand ties? thermocline lures,crazy angler,constant pursuit outfitters,pepop,jigum jigs,bonehead tackle,fishhunter 775 on ebay....these r just a few.i'm sure someone will chime in and add to the list.i know of a nother member that ties a mean jig and great quality as well....good luck!
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: JIGS? - 08/13/15 12:31 AM

Originally Posted By: crope1
welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: Pintail711

Thanks for the welcome!
Posted By: Dutch1947

Re: JIGS? - 08/13/15 12:40 AM

Jigum Jigs, or PePop Jigs.
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: JIGS? - 08/13/15 12:47 AM

Give Matthew a call. He can help you select jigs that will catch crappie in your home lake.

http://jigumjigs.com/
Posted By: OkieBob

Re: JIGS? - 08/13/15 09:03 AM

Jigum's Halo Magic
Posted By: kickingback

Re: JIGS? - 08/13/15 10:22 AM

Just remember that the minnow is still your friend...I use them to tip my jigs in case they just wont bite a jig alone. Bring some with you for the first few trips until you get your confidence in the jigs alone and if the fish will bite them without minnows. Good luck!
Posted By: BUBBAJ 115

Re: JIGS? - 08/13/15 02:28 PM

www.lilypadjigs.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum