Texas Fishing Forum

Humminbird help

Posted By: Waco Kid

Humminbird help - 08/04/15 11:04 PM

Can anyone tell me how to transfer waypoint from my hummingbird 899 to a nother hummingbird unit using a SD chip?
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Humminbird help - 08/05/15 12:25 AM

youtube it! lol, had a blast witcha!
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Humminbird help - 08/05/15 01:17 AM

There is an option under the waypoints to export all data. Put the SD card in the slot and export the data. Take the SD card and put in the other unit and the data should transfer automatically. If it's only one or two waypoints you want, then load those manually under the waypoint option to add a waypoint. If you have waypoints on the SD card already, use a new card as the export will over write the old data.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Humminbird help - 08/06/15 07:52 PM

I download the waypoints to my computer , then burn them to a new card for the new unit.
It is comforting to have the points backed up on a pc.
I need to do this soon as I have added lots of points lately

Mo
Posted By: Wayne P.

Re: Humminbird help - 08/06/15 08:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mo
I download the waypoints to my computer , then burn them to a new card for the new unit.
It is comforting to have the points backed up on a pc.
I need to do this soon as I have added lots of points lately

Mo

For the units to recognize GPS data, it has to be in the MATRIX folder that the unit creates when you EXPORT to a memory card.
HumminbirdPC also creates the MATRIX folder when data is copied from the software to a memory card.

If data is not in the MATRIX folder the units will not recognize it.

When you want some of the waypoints EXPORTED to the memory card, under OPTIONS, you choose Select Mulitple and...
Then select EXPORT, then select which ones.

To load the data to the other unit, you FULLY start it up in SIMULATOR or NORMAL, then insert the card and upload.
Posted By: crappiegetter

Re: Humminbird help - 08/06/15 08:12 PM

Good info to have smile thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum